Dentals Tomorrow

Tomorrow, I'll be driving the two amigas down to Nashville for their dentals. Both Luna and Nova could use a good cleaning, and I think Nova might lose her bottom incisors.

I haven't needed to have either of my girls put under anesthesia before, and I am a little nervous. We'll have to leave at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning, as drop off time at the clinic is 7 am. Hopefully the most difficult part of the day will be getting them out of the house before they have noticed that we skipped breakfast, haha.

Good thoughts for smooth procedures are most certainly welcome!

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

The girls will do great! Do you know which vet will be doing their dentals? (Not that you can go wrong with any of the four; just curious.)

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Sending good thoughts to both your sweet girls, and to you--hope the drive and the breakfast deprivation are manageable!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Rocket was not at all happy about the "skipping breakfast" part of his surgery and dental. I will bet you got some stinkeye over that.

Paws crossed for an easy day for both of them.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Best thoughts!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What was really bad for me was having one dog go for dental and the other not. The stink eye from one missing out on breakfast was pretty atrocious!

Deep breaths, they will be fine, it's always SO nerve wracking, but they will do great! Plus you have our collective good vibes right there with you.

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Brace yourself for the inevitable stink-eye at non-breakfast time. Other than that, Luna and Nova will be just fine :nod

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thank you all for the well wishes! We are all back home again after a loooong day (including two stints through Nashville rush-hour traffic). Both hounds did great, and their teeth look beautiful! They're snoozing pretty heavily right now, as is expected.

Rachel, a special thanks to you for your recommendation of Grassmere. I am so happy I went with their clinic. Dr. Brumbelow does the surgeries on Wednesday mornings, and she was wonderful and so kind. Really, the entire staff there made this a very positive experience.

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

Thank you all for the well wishes! We are all back home again after a loooong day (including two stints through Nashville rush-hour traffic). Both hounds did great, and their teeth look beautiful! They're snoozing pretty heavily right now, as is expected.

Rachel, a special thanks to you for your recommendation of Grassmere. I am so happy I went with their clinic. Dr. Brumbelow does the surgeries on Wednesday mornings, and she was wonderful and so kind. Really, the entire staff there made this a very positive experience.

Was just coming here to check for an update--perfect timing! So glad to hear all went well and that you were happy with Grassmere. Dr. Brumbelow is great; she's seen my cats a few times. I am sure you and the girls will all sleep soundly tonight. (And sorry about the traffic--I am so thankful I work from home and almost never have to deal with that anymore!)

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart