Lizzie 6/21/05 - 5/15/16

Guest jessicaksu125

Guest jessicaksu125

1504975_10153151401444729_60966956054419

I first met Lizzie when I was picking up a couple volunteer shifts at the greyhound adoption kennel in Maine. She'd come out of her crate like a bullet and ping pong around the place in a black and white blur. She was one of the smallest dogs there but also one of the most determined. One day she saw a teddy bear up on a shelf, and she wouldn't let the muzzle she had to wear stop her from stealing it.

I brought her home, and she did calm down, but she never changed.

I lost my precious girl yesterday, after her body gave up on her. She was just shy of 11 years old.

Over the years I thought of Lizzie as my constant. I moved a lot, several states, lots of apartments. People went in and out of my life, but there was always one thing I could count on without fail: Lizzie being there when I came home. Now that she's gone, home doesn't feel like home anymore.

While Lizzie was in the hospital, I sat with her and wrote down my favorite Lizzie Dog moments.

The many adventures with the green ball. http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/317734-the-green-ball/

Going for a walk and looking at Lizzie and thinking "oh, that's nice, you have your stuffed squirrel.... wait.... ... ... (((((loud scream)))))"

Walking by a garage sale and seeing her swipe a stuffy. Going for a second walk to pay the family.

Walking into the kitchen and seeing a Lizzie with her nose in a D-con pack. Her tail was wagging furiously and a terrified mouse was curled up inside. I called the vet and said "help, I think my dog ate mouse poison, what do I do?"

Calling the vet and saying, "help, my dog just ate a whole clove of garlic, what do I do?"

Calling the vet and saying, "help, my dog just ate an entire stick of margarine, what do I do?"

Buying an expensive stuffed toy for her each year on her birthday, then watching her ceremoniously destroy it. For a reason I'll never understand, the pink octopus she got for her 8th birthday survived and is still in tact to this day.

Watching her bury the big dog treats in her bed, my bed or the couch, then dug up and enjoyed.

Finding forgotten dog treats under my pillow.

Watching her hop up and down when I said the "W" word.

Watching her ears perk up when she got excited.

The joy in life that was evident whenever you looked her in the eyes.

The night it dropped 20 degrees overnight. Feeling a cold nose on my arm as she crawled under my blanket.

Watching her put her head near my phone as we listened to audio books at night.

Pretending not to see her jump up on the forbidden couch at my parents house. Watching her play the cute card when she saw them coming.

Sitting with her in the dog hospital, and watching her get up for the first time to nose her blanket around. Knowing at that point I'd have a few more days with her.

Seeing her tail wag as we left the hospital.

Knowing that someone was always looking out for me.

Knowing that someone was always counting on me.

I miss you so much, girl. I hope you're doing ok up there.

Edited by jessicaksu125

A beautiful tribute for your beautiful girl.

Run pain-free, Lizzie. :f_red

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

She was a beautiful girl. I am so very sorry for your loss. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is a beautiful tribute.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Your wonderful tribute has captured Lizzie so brightly, it is beautiful! What a character and what a huge part of your heart she made her own. I am so very sorry for your loss :grouphug

Godspeed Lizzie. :f_pink Watch for Pal, he will share his stuffies with you.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

A beautiful tribute for a beautiful girl. I am very sorry to read of Lizzie's passing. She was very special and always will be with you.

Run free Lizzie, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so sorry for your loss of Lizzie. Your tribute was beautiful. Take care of yourself. :grouphug

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

So very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Lizzie.

What wonderful memories you have. Remember them and smile.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm smiling through tears. You had such an amazing life together! Even missing her so deeply, Lizzie can still bring back so many wonderful memories for you. What a huge empty space that little girl will leave in your home and heart. She was truly a larger than life kind of girl, and your heart dog for sure. I'm so sorry you lost your precious lady.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Beautiful tribute to Lizzy...I'm so sorry

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am sorry your list of favorite Lizzie moments has ended. We never get to be together long enough , do we? :bighug for your :brokenheart

Edited by sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina