Pogo Update - Not Good

I wish I was Pogo because he does not know that he is sick. I posted his video of him rooing and running. He is very happy and goofy.

We went to UW-Madison for his monthly check up as part of the rapamycin study. It was an overnight stay. Trying to keep Pogo contained when he knows that he is going somewhere in impossible unless he is locked in a room or barricaded (so I thought). He was became an extra appendage yesterday morning because he was following so close. I couldn't get him into the bedroom so I figured I could barricade him in the living room. Our living room, kitchen, and dining room are all just one big room. We have a couch and two living room chairs dividing the space up. I took two dining room chairs and used them to block the "entrance" to the living room. Surely that would keep him confined. I was in the yard and I looked at the dining room window and there was Pogo. In order to get through the barricade without knocking over chairs would be to jump off or leap over the couch. I will never know what he did.

Pogo's oncologist called late Thursday afternoon with the results of his bloodwork and urinalysis. It sounded busy at the hospital and I hoped he was just sounding tired from a rough day at work. His white blood count was low, but he had quite a bit of clumping and told me not to worry. He had radiographs today and it showed 5 small mets on his lungs. We now have him on Palladia.

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Continue to spoil your boy rotten. Good thoughts for both of you.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

sending hugs to you all :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Joy had an appointment at UW Veterinary Care yesterday, so I got to meet Pogo! He is such a sweetheart!!! :heart He leaned into my hand when I petted him, and he put his head against my chest when I gave him ear scritches. You could tell he was enjoying all the attention he was getting from everyone!

Pogo is so lucky to have you. I know how hard this is (we lost our Lana to bone cancer), but I know he appreciates everything you're doing for him. Please give him a big hug for me!

Take care,

Victor

I hope he continues to do well for a long time. Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:huh2 how Pogo doing?

Pogo is doing well. He does not know he is sick. We have him on Palladia. There are 5 mets on his lungs that are fairly small.

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)