Dino's New Sounds

A question for my Grey Talkers?

We have all heard the moan when they lay down. Or you scratch there ears just right.

Well over the last few months I have noticed my large older male, 8 this summer and 85-90lbs, seems to have turned up the moan. Now it's seems to come from him at random when he is laying down. Only other change is his little sister Greyhound has been here for about 6 months.

So what do you think, more comfortable of is this a sign that something is wrong or sore?

He does it more from ear rubs too.

Thanks

Ryan aka crazy Greyhound dad

Dino and Stella

Your training is going well. A few hundred more groans and he will have you properly trained. :bgeorge

Rocket does the "old man groan." He also starts digging (nesting) in the middle of the night or does jaw snaps until I get up and put a blanket on him. My training is coming right along too.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Dino has always been a nester and has alwyas groaned when he laid down some were comfy. But now it's more often and sometimes when he is already laying down or sometimes in his sleep I swear. We have had him for over three years so it not like he is just settling in. I was just worried that he might be hurting

Dino and Stella

Ryder has had intermittent limping, and actually pretty severe seizing up at times. He is comfortable when I give him a muscle relaxant as of late. I attribute his extra groans to this, just muscle/body pain. It could be that in Dino or not, but I'd be looking for other signs/symptoms before getting worried about his groaning.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

• 2 weeks later...

We are going to try tumeric and yuca to try to help with inflammation. We will try that for a while to see if that helps.I suspect this is pain and if adding more supplements doesn't seem to help I will be talking to the vet about pain management. We have already started him on a diet in an effort to get him lighter so there is weight on his hips.

Thanks ALL

Ryan

Dino and Stella

• 3 weeks later...

So update Dino was feeling better so good that in all of the excitement of feeling better he over did it doing spins and his rear right leg is sore again. It's not too bad as he didn't refused stairs or rather wouldn't let me help him. He still wants his walks. I think we will stay the course. Trying to slow down Dino. Going to the vet if the soreness persists.

Thanks all

Dino and Stella