One Sick Little Grey

Guest IndyHound

Guest IndyHound

Ok let me start off by clarifying that I am in the medical field. While this in no way means I am Vet it does mean that I have much better than a basic understanding of biology and medicine than the lay person. So that being said I've already made an appt with my Vet. But just want to see if anyone else has had this issue.

Over the last few months Beckett has had an Increase in Vomiting and Drinking a large amount of water. Both the vet and i attributed this to his Tumor and Seizures. And has up until now been fairly intermittent. however since saturday his Vomiting had increase and he's not kept much down. And then today I noticed his Urine was Very Orange and Frothy. His Eyes are a little on the yellow side but then they were never white. And now he's not acting like himself. What I'm thinking is Liver Disease. Has anyone ever had a Grey with these Issues and Is it manageable?

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

I'm not a vet either, but your conclusion sounds reasonable to me. Whether it's treatable or manageable is going to depend on what's wrong an how long it's been happening. It could be that his seizure meds have caused some sort of problem with his liver, though that should have shown up in regualr bloodwork.

Good luck.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Yellow = jaundice = liver disease. I would also bring in a urine to the vet.

If there has been vomiting for awhile and if the dog is on seizure meds ... some seizure meds can predispose the dog to pancreatitis and the symptoms are not eating, vomiting and so on. If it is pancreatitis, there are diets that may help resolve the issue. I did a quick search and acute pancreatitis can present with jaundice ....

Guest IndyHound

The Vet and the Neurologist didn't place him on Seizure meds. Because of the tumor and the sparsity of the seizures they Believed that they would have a interaction with the steroids and SLO meds.

The Vet and the Neurologist didn't place him on Seizure meds. Because of the tumor and the sparsity of the seizures they Believed that they would have a interaction with the steroids and SLO meds.

It could still be acute pancreatitis although, it is somewhat more common with dogs on certain seizure meds.

Hard to comment with limited history (tumor?) but, it does sound like liver disease. Often seizure activity can be associated with hepatic disease. Blood work, possible bile acids test, lepto titer and ultrasound may be recommended.

Guest IndyHound

Hard to comment with limited history (tumor?) but, it does sound like liver disease. Often seizure activity can be associated with hepatic disease. Blood work, possible bile acids test, lepto titer and ultrasound may be recommended.

The neurologist initially believed that he might have had a brain tumor. However with Hepatic disease seizures are not uncommon.