Manny And Ruby

Guest SoulsMom

Guest SoulsMom

I remember reading about them when Michael McCann first posted about them. I'm so happy that they ended up with you! Congratulations!

Thank you, we are so happy they are here too. We already had the ramp, our house is "senior" equipped, so it was a no brainer to bring them home. Together. I am so happy they are together.

Is Manny huge, or Ruby tiny, or both? Love the pic of Manny playing basketball. And how glad their first human must be to know that they are together.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest SoulsMom

Is Manny huge, or Ruby tiny, or both? Love the pic of Manny playing basketball. And how glad their first human must be to know that they are together.

Both :lol Manny is probably on the plus side of 80lbs and I'd say Ruby is less than 60. But she's still The Boss ;)

Oh, Amber - they're GORGEOUS!!! I'm so sad for you but very happy for you & Manny & Ruby!!!

I'm so glad you got them, and that you posted bunches of pictures!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Congrats on this happy chapter in all your lives! They are both gorgeous. :beatheart

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Guest SoulsMom

I love that you were able to keep this pair together!!! how old are Manny & Ruby?

Manny turned ten in February. Ruby will celebrate her 10th birthday in July.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jessicaksu125

I remember Soul... I am so sorry to hear of his passing. But I am so happy to hear you found your new pups

Amber, my admiration for you was huge when you agreed to take Zoe from her previous "family," but taking Manny and Ruby now--you're a greyhound hero!

Susan (and Buck too)

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

What a wonderful end/beginning to two not-so-happy stories. Congratulations to houndies and humans!

A small correction: Humans think a 10 year old is a senior, but a lot of Greyhounds don't, at least mine haven't. Current example-in-residence, Kat, didn't retire until last fall and turned 11 this week. She is :crazy.

Have fun with Manny and Ruby. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest SoulsMom

Amber, my admiration for you was huge when you agreed to take Zoe from her previous "family," but taking Manny and Ruby now--you're a greyhound hero!

Susan (and Buck too)

Thanks Susan. We are happy to have them :heart

What a wonderful end/beginning to two not-so-happy stories. Congratulations to houndies and humans!

A small correction: Humans think a 10 year old is a senior, but a lot of Greyhounds don't, at least mine haven't. Current example-in-residence, Kat, didn't retire until last fall and turned 11 this week. She is :crazy.

Have fun with Manny and Ruby. :)

Oh yes, Ruby very much thinks she is a four year old. Manny is very playful as well, but a bit more . . dignified :lol

I so happy for the four of you.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17