Manny And Ruby

Guest SoulsMom

Guest SoulsMom

When we lost our SoulMan on March 7th, less than two weeks after losing our ZoeDQ, we were beyond devastated. The grief for both of us was so immense. We both took the entire week off work. That first night without Soul we just drove aimlessly, dreading going home. The next day we went to the beach. The day after that it was in the 70's and we started cleaning house, putting his things away . . . .Then came Thursday. It was pouring rain but we needed to see some greyhounds, the house was way too quiet. We went to lunch, then out to the kennel. When we were walking back to see the dogs we passed Manny and Ruby, who were residing in the laundry room because they could not be in separate runs----they are that much attached to each other. Seeing them literally took my breath away . . .Manny was laying on a stuffed duck EXACTLY like SoulMan's Duckie. They were bounced the weekend before Soul died because their owner was ill and could no longer properly care for them. By March 19th they were home. And these are some of the youngest seniors I've ever met :lol They love playing with their stuffies and running in the yard. Manny especially likes his kong balls, but as you can see, he occasionally tries for something bigger :P

Please meet Manny and Ruby:

Gday_zpsvin2gzdg.jpg

mannyruby_zpsxyalp22k.jpg

manny%20ears_zpseykwplt0.jpg

mannyruby%20sheeping%202_zpsq5xjevng.jpg

mannyball_zps0el8fpfe.jpg

mannyruby%20sheeping_zpswien2wwo.jpg

mannyruby%20toofers_zps2dvh5nga.jpg

Edited by SoulsMom

Aaaaaaw, they are so sweet. I guess someone sent you a heart healer.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Judy's photos are the best. This :beatheart :beatheart Please, we belong together!

mannyruby_zpsxyalp22k.jpg

Love these two. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

This just makes my soul feel soooo good, happy for all of you!!!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

:beatheart :beatheart Bless you for taking them the pair of them in. May you all be very happy together!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

They are gorgeous! So glad you found each other.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I am thrilled for Manny and Ruby! I am also thrilled for your family!

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

Guest Jordan33

Yay! So glad they got a new home together with you! I found Adrien, previously known as Fiesta Sanity, or just "Sanity", from the same adoption group only a few days earlier on the 16th!

I remember reading about them when Michael McCann first posted about them. I'm so happy that they ended up with you! Congratulations!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.