Soulman And Zoedq

Guest SoulsMom

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amber, I'm so sorry for your's and Bailey's loss. My heart goes out to the both of you. :grouphug The loss touches me also because Soulman was one of the last few remaining GT greyhounds from those who were here when I joined with Nadir and Beanie.

I know first hand how devastating it can be losing two pieces of your heart so close together. And I'm so happy that Manny and Ruby were guided into your and Bailey's lives just when you all needed each other.

{{{HUGS}}} and :kiss2

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Two losses so close is devastating. I am very sorry Amber and know your heart is broken. Both Zoe and Soulman would want you to know how grateful they are for the love you showed them and the wonderful life they had. They never truly leave you, they are just less there than they were before.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest greybookends

Amber I am so sorry. To lose them both so close. The heart can hardly cope. Thankfully you found someone who can help ease the pain.

What a summer you've had. After such a devastating loss, that you were able to open your heart to two new hounds, is amazing. :beatheart I don't know how you did it.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

My heart hurts to read this, I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet souls, and so close together :brokenheart:grouphug:grouphug May you find much comfort in the company of Manny and Ruby in your sorrow.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

So very sorry for the loss of your Zoe and Soul.

Only we know what a small price we pay for the love we have received from our pets.

The sadness and loss, no matter how powerful it may be, is an insufficient measure of the joy we have been given.

Remember the good times....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Amber, my heart just breaks for you and Bailey. I'm so happy that your princess and Soulman showed those two beautiful seniors the way to your home and you took them in. They look so happy. :heart

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I still can't believe you had to say goodbye to both of them so close together. :( Hugs.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest SoulsMom

Amber, I'm so sorry for your's and Bailey's loss. My heart goes out to the both of you. :grouphug The loss touches me also because Soulman was one of the last few remaining GT greyhounds from those who were here when I joined with Nadir and Beanie.

:heart:heart It's been over a month and I still can't believe he's gone . . . .sometimes I still hear him, smell him . . .

Thank you everyone. It has really been a tough road for us since February 23rd and it's nice to have somewhere to go where folks understands the crushing grief. The first week after Soul left I was not able to grieve much because Bailey was a bit out of his mind. He's never known grief like this before and I really had to be there for him to help him work through it. So my process has been a bit more of a slow burn :(

I'm so sorry. Run together with the wind, Soulman and Princess ZoeDQ. And through the power of your love, thank you for guiding two more hounds to a new home.

My life closed twice before its close

It yet remains to see

If Immortality unveil

A third event to me

So huge, so hopeless to conceive

As these that twice befell

Parting is all we know of heaven

And all we need of hell

Emily Dickinson

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

:( I think most of us understand that feeling of absolute grief, and thinking you see your pup, hear him. It's been two weeks since I lost Zola, and I can still smell the back of her ears, so cinnamon-y. I dread the day when I can't remember that smell anymore. And helping another dog process the loss is really hard, because you have to put aside your grief, or grieve in private.

I have no words to help. Just know that you're not alone. :grouphug

Missing Zola, my hero and my heart; and Brin, my baby dog, my wisp of love.

Guest SoulsMom

:( I think most of us understand that feeling of absolute grief, and thinking you see your pup, hear him. It's been two weeks since I lost Zola, and I can still smell the back of her ears, so cinnamon-y. I dread the day when I can't remember that smell anymore. And helping another dog process the loss is really hard, because you have to put aside your grief, or grieve in private.

I have no words to help. Just know that you're not alone. :grouphug

Thank you. For the absolute understanding :heart I'm so sorry you are trying to process the same thing with your heart dog :weep I don't like vacuuming because I know each time I do it I erase more and more of his fur and I'll never get it back . . . .crazy, I know. But it's true. . .

I am so sorry...I know how painful losing one pup is, I can't imagine how heartbreaking it is to lose 2 so close together. My thoughts are with you and Bailey.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so very sorry :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry for your sadness and pain. I understand how devastating it is to lose 2 so close together. But I also know how bringing a special one (or 2!) into your life can help so much to fill that empty space.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest OPointyDog

I'm so sorry you had to say good-bye to both of your black beauties - and so close together. But so happy you are able to give a second home to another pair. Hugs to you and yours.