Soulman And Zoedq

Guest SoulsMom

Guest SoulsMom

I've not been able to do a proper remembrance for either of them, probably because I still can't wrap my heart around the loss . . .

We lost Zoe, our Drama Queen, quite suddenly on 2/23. She just been outside, running around happily in the sunshine. She came in and got on the couch but fifteen minutes later there was a GSOD and she was on the floor, her back end totally paralyzed. We got her to the Evet and the only solace I can find in losing her so very suddenly was that she was a princess to the end. She wasn't in pain, nor was she scared. She rode that gurney around Tufts with her head high, as if she was royalty :beatheart

Rest in Peace my Princess: 10/23/03-02/23/16

SoulMan was doing ok. The day after Zoe left he was still eating, still playing with his Duckie. But after that first day he was sleeping a lot more and just seemed to decline. He was almost 13 and had been slowing down some, but not much. Shortly before Zoe left I'd noticed a bit of blood tinged drool but did not think much of it since he was still so goofy, active, playing, and eating. One week later he had his senior wellness check and an aggressive cancer was found in his mouth, near the base of his throat. Almost a week later DH and I went for a hike in the woods behind our house. When we came home we watched him snoozing on the couch. He didn't even look up to greet us. He looked so sad, so frail (at this point he was having trouble swallowing) and we knew we had to let him go. The next day he got a huge bowl of ice cream before the vet came and then his Daddyman held him in his arms as he took his last breath. Then DH carried our SoulMan to his red Hounda for one last ride.

Godspeed my world, my heart, my Soul: 06/21/03-03/07/16

To say we have been devastated and grieving immensely would be an understatement. I have to believe that ZoeDQ went first to show our SoulMan the way . . . .she knew he was very sick even though he was showing no outward signs. . . .

The weekend before we lost Soul, unbeknownst to us, two seniors came into the kennel because their owner had fallen ill and could no longer care for them properly. Manny and Ruby. They had been together for eight years and are very attached to each other. No way were we going to let them be separated. We brought them home on March 19th and are being spoiled rotten. They love their stuffies and Manny love to play ball in the yard. :heart

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so, so sorry for your sudden losses. I am glad you have some heart healers in Manny and Ruby.

Rest well, Zoe and Soul.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Oh no, Amber! My heart is breaking for you. I'm so very, very sorry.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so sorry Amber...

Hug Manny & Ruby

Run free, Zoe & Soul...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

I am so sorry! I have tears in my eyes just reading that you lost your two babies and so close together. I am happy that you were able to give two seniors a home. If their previous owner is still alive, I hope he or she knows that they have found a great home with you.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

How sad. I am so sorry for your losses. Your heart is so big and generous to offer your home to the two seniors.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry for your loss of Zoe and Soul and that you have Manny and Ruby to help heal your hearts.

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

:cry1 for your loss of brave Zoe and sweet SoulMan

:D for your gain of Manny and Ruby

:grouphug for both of you

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Two dogs I e never met just brought tears to my eye. Rest well, sweeties. Thank you for sending your momma and daddyman two new houndies to love!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

I'm so sorry for the loss of your two black beauties, Amber. I can't imagine losing two beloved dogs so close together. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Guest MnMDogs

Oh no, I'm so very sad for you! How awful to have lost them so closely together, but I hope your 2 new family members can bring you some comfort.

So sorry to hear of your losses. Hugs to you and godspeed to your beloved ones.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Your tribute had me in tears each of the three times I read it. I understand the enormity of the holes in your hearts after losing your sweeties suddenly and so close together. Your angels were clearly watching over you, helping to guide Manny and Ruby to you to again be the wonderful dog parents you are to a bonded pair who needed you. Special angels working their magic. My heart breaks for your losses and rejoices for your two new gifts. :grouphug :grouphug (thank you :heart)

Godspeed Soulman. Godspeed ZoeDQ.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.