Is She In Pain

Guest Kryspen

Guest Kryspen

My black girl, Pebbles, has suspected lymphoma. At night she's very restless and we're wondering if she's in pain. I'm not sure because I give her a tramodol every evening.

Does anyone know how to tell if she's suffering?

Cheers

David Smith

Could definitely be the medications. Have you tried spacing them out a little and maybe giving them with a snack in case her stomach is upset. The pred will also make her hungry which could be why she's restless.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest Kryspen

That's a possibility, but she gets the pred (5 tablets) with a cheese snack around 12:30 and the tramodol (1 capsule) in the evening after her last walk, again with cheese.

Might not be enough food in her tummy, if you're just giving, like, a piece of cheese wrapped around the pill. Mine have always needed a more substantive snack - 1/4 c of kibble or oatmeal, a piece of bread with peanut butter, some rice and chicken. I usually try and plan my pill giving to be around their actual meals, so I don't have to worry about it.

But both those meds have side effects of pacing and agitation, too. You probably can't change the pred, but you might see if you can try something different for her pain, or give a smaller dose more often.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

That's a possibility, but she gets the pred (5 tablets) with a cheese snack around 12:30 and the tramodol (1 capsule) in the evening after her last walk, again with cheese.

Prednisone in the dosages needed for Lymphoma can make them starving, I had my boy on 4 meals a day and snacks by the end. How much Tramadol? You do want to make sure she's not in pain.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.