Hello. I Am New Here.

Guest pcotton3

Guest pcotton3

Greetings. This is my first post and I thought an introduction would be a great way to start. I am a single father of two, one of which still lives with me. Both of my children are over 20 and I have two grandchildren from my oldest, a daughter. I knew someone, only by way of the internet who lived in New Jersey and he had adopted two greyhounds. He loved them and that got me interested. So, I have wanted one for some time, but lived in a townhouse that did not allow pets. Finally, this past July I bought a house with a large, fenced in back yard. I have a 6' privacy fence with lots of running room. Anyway, on 9/11/2015 I adopted my girl, Gabby. She is amazing and I think everyone should have a greyhound if they are all as sweet as she is. I have watched her change over the months as she has gotten more comfortable with her new home and it is such a wonderful experience. I also found out that the greyhound racing organization has incredible resources and I found races that she was in and watched her win some races. Here is a link to a race she won just prior to retirement - http://www.trackinfo.com/video-box.jsp?raceid=gpb$20150131a05Her race name is O'gabby Drive and she was starting in the 5th position. It makes my heart so proud to see her run and really beat the competition.

Welcome from across the ocean.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Ooooh! I see she's a GFNC girl, a very pretty fawn girl. :beatheart

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hello and :welcome2 from Maryland! Gabby is such a pretty girl on her Greyhound Data picture! Do you have any other pictures to post?

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Guest pcotton3

Hello and :welcome2 from Maryland! Gabby is such a pretty girl on her Greyhound Data picture! Do you have any other pictures to post?

I have pictures, but the site says they are too big. They were taken with a phone. Any tips?

Welcome! Gabby sounds lovely. Most of us use image hosting sites like Photobucket or Flickr to post photos. Or if you have a Facebook account with pics, I can give you instructions.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart