Omg Dawson Is Holding His Paw And Crying!

Oh no! I am worried. I had a great day. It was our first day of Spring Break. Daws was crying this morning because my DS wasn't out of bed yet. Once he was up all was right in his world and he was fine.

Just about 10 minutes ago, he started walking around the house holding his paw and crying. He couldn't lay down. It felt like he was cramping in his back legs but he was holding his front one. I am scared! I found a pain pill but I have not given it to him yet. While I went looking for it, he laid down and is resting. He is not sleeping but he is peaceful. I don't know what to do. I felt his whole paw but I did not see anything on it or in it.

Please pray for my big guy. He will be 10 in two weeks. He is very sensitive and can feel my mood. I have to be careful.

I can't figure out how to get the picture to show up! What am I doing wrong?

IMG_0838_zps610c1a5b.jpg

Edited by Dawnnziggy

Nothing! The picture's there!

Probably a cramp or minor muscle pull. If he's walking OK now I would just watch him and see if it happens again.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

He is still holding it. I took him for a walk and he walked better outside than in the house. He wouldn't eat his treats when we came in. I have manipulated the paw and leg like crazy but he doesn't act like that hurts. He and Myrtle played this morning before I walked them. I wonder if he pulled a muscle playing with her. She was jumping like crazy one time when I took them out later. I wonder if she could have stomped on him.

Oh yeah, I gave him a Rimadyl.

edited cause I can't spell when I am all worked up!

Edited by Dawnnziggy

Is he any better today? It could also be a neck or back problem. Have a feel (gently) along his spine in between his shoulder blades to see if that gets any reaction, and also along his whole spine.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Hoping for a good update this morning!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

He is still limping this morning! Myrtle stomped on the sore leg this morning and he screamed. I am going to give him another Rimadyl and call the vet when they open today. With it being Easter weekend, they may not be in today. I really think he got hurt playing with Myrtle yesterday morning but I am NOT sure of that. I have prayed so much. I believe God loves his creatures too.

That C word is in my head though and I feel like throwing up!

Agree on the xrays suggestion. I always prefer having unnecessary xrays over skipping them & missing something important.

That said, when examining his foot, did you press on his pads? The comment of him walking better outside than in made me wonder if this could be corns. I've got a boy who one day went from an occasional, barely noticeable limp to holding up his paw & hoping three legged. Turned out to be corns. We're not sure what happened, perhaps a toe stepped on something the wrong way & it suddenly greatly increased his pain or maybe that was just the day when some sort of critical mass was reached. Either way, two small corns caused some serious anxiety for both of us. And, yes, we did do xrays of his foot, leg & shoulder. Am not expecting that to be the case for your boy but thought it worth mentioning.

Sending well wishes. :goodluck

I took him to the vet. They did x-rays. IT IS NOT CANCER! WOO HOO! He showed me the films and said that he was expecting it to be cancer since it came on him so suddenly. He figures that when he and Myrtle played she hit him just right and bruised his left front shoulder. I told my vet that I knew that was why there were so many 3 legged greyhounds. He was impressed that I knew so much about cancer. I told him it was because of this forum!

Thank you so much for your prayers and white light! Thank goodness God isn't getting a new angel today!

:yay

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

He is acting better today. He is up on the sofa sleeping soundly. He still bends over funny but you can tell he feels better. He ran into the living room after his supper walk tonight. I don't know when to stop giving him the Rimadyl. I see that it is an anti-inflammatory. My vet is going to call me tomorrow to see how he is doing so I will ask them then. I don't want to stop using it if it is helping him.