Mafi, Galga Extraordinaire, Adopted 10/8/2002 - 3/16/16

greyhndz

I am so sorry. The silence in the wake of losing a beloved is deafening. Wishing you peace and comfort.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Oh Jordan, I am so very sorry :cry1. I know Mafi knew she was and is so loved and celebrating her life is a wonderful way to remember her. And so I will share that the 1st time I met Mafi was @ the International update in Hopkinton @ Greyhound Friends, she was exuberant and happy, quite social and coming from her past life in Spain...I was so amazed and impressed by her spirit for life! The next time I met Mafi was @ your home a year or so later, Mafi greeted me by jumping up on me and trying to hug me..repeatedly while the rest of your Galgo pack approached with caution. When I came over to do Reiki 6 weeks ago, Mafi still greeted me even though her body was frail, her spirit was still there, she took Reiki in little spurts in between Tim's session and even came with the rest to say goodbye when I was leaving, she was a brave sweet soul and the Queen. Sending you more hugs and Reiki healing for your heart Jordan, :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug Mafi is running with all her buddies @ the Bridge now.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Oh, Jordan. I am so sorry for the loss of Mafi. I can't believe that it is 10 years. I remember when you adopted her.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Mafi I am sorry you left your earthly home & took the ramp to the bridge where you are young & spry again. ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) to your family I am sure they will miss you

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I'm so sorry you had to say so long to your pretty girl. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

:beatheart Truly a beautiful and very special girl. :grouphug

Ducky, I thought you'd like to know that she was wearing Niña's jammies to keep her warm on her journey.

(Taken a few weeks ago)

gallery_13500_2895_2283.jpg

Thank you, everyone for your kind thoughts and words. Actually, Mafi was with me for 13.5 years! Probably one of the first crazy Mafi stories was getting to Dewey, and trying desperately to find Anna Clements of SOS Galgos, who had brought Mafi over with her from Barcelona. I'd been waiting 4 months for Mafi, so I was desperate to finally meet the two of them. After hours of missing each other, I finally got the message that Carla Trottier had her, and they were over at the "Secret Pals" party a few blocks away. (I'm sure there are still some SPs floating around out there who could describe what these parties were like...) I walked in to find a large group of people hanging out, a waft of alcohol and smoke hitting you in the face when you opened the door. People were pointing to the centre of the room, and there, in a small clearing from the smoke, was Carla holding the tiniest little brindle girl I'd ever seen. I could't get to her, so someone picked her up and passed her along until she got to me. (I would kill to have photos of that night if anyone had any.)

That's when I knew life with Mafi was going to be very interesting...

Taken at Dewey the day after we were united:

gallery_13500_2895_15179.jpg

A friend made her a "senorita" outfit. In the photo below, Mafi is standing with Anna Clements, probably begging to be taken back to Barcelona so she wouldn't have to wear stupid outfits. You can see how tiny she was - 45 lbs at her heaviest.

gallery_13500_2895_48479.jpg

Anna was giving a talk on Galgo rescue, and Mafi decided to offer her input.

gallery_13500_2895_64825.jpg

Edited by greyhndz

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Starting from the day you knew she was yours, and the day you finally met, it's clear that the two of you were meant to be together. Those beginnings were just a clue as to the exceptional life, deep love and many smiles you were to share. I'm so glad you found each other, and so very sorry she had to leave.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• 3 weeks later...