One Was Not Enough

waialua

We got Hoku, star in Hawaiian, in August. Lovely male who is fitting in with the whippet and chihuahua mix. So, just like potato chips, you can't have just one! Two weeks ago we adopted Willow too. Now we have two big black sighthounds. We were used to whippets who would never dream of getting their dainty feet wet. No fear about them getting into the pond, then mucking up the house with wet feet. Greyhounds love water! They gallop around the yard, then jump in the pond to cool off, and dash around some more. And of course use the dog door to put paw prints all over the living room. Got to love them! Off to our morning walk...

A whippet person here so please don't forget a photo of them too. :flip

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

They are beautiful! Enjoy!

I see Willow is a floor-licker. My Alex does the same thing, which I equate to a baby sucking his thumb. Funny!

Cheryl - "Mom" to RUNNER (Gunnah, born 6/15/2012) and FARGO (Ridin Shotgun, born 8/21/2015). Missing my Grey-Angels HEISMAN (RX Heisman) (3/29/2005-2/1/2016) and ALEX (Bevenly) (4/15/2005-6/7/2018).

How beautiful! And what a pretty collar Willow has. That's one of the many greyt things about black dogs -- any collar "goes" with them.

My black Romie came with thin fur in areas similar to Willow's, and within a few months was soft and sleek all over.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Hello and congrats from Germany. Once you get black, you never get back. And if you still can see the floor, there's room for one more.

I love the big black boys.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

:thumbs-up:yay

As you may be able to see from my siggie, Banjo was a whippet and my new addition, Nutmeg, whilst listed as a whippet on the rescue charity website, turned out to most likely be a whippetXgreyhound lurcher.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Congrats! Two black beauties.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Welcome from sunny Southern California. (it actually rained a little today) You mentioned you can't have just one? They are 40 at the track in Tijuana waiting to be rescued. Could you use another :hehe For any of you in So Cal. we really could use some foster homes. I really can't stand to think of any dog left behind. :weep We are getting #4, 2 fosters and 2 of our own.

Welcome from sunny Southern California. (it actually rained a little today) You mentioned you can't have just one? They are 40 at the track in Tijuana waiting to be rescued. Could you use another :hehe For any of you in So Cal. we really could use some foster homes. I really can't stand to think of any dog left behind. :weep We are getting #4, 2 fosters and 2 of our own.

Well we found foster homes and other groups that would take the 40 pups. Now the problem is the racing kennels were holding dogs that could not be transferred to the adoption kennel and now are being transferred. So we are making another trip next saturday. I have no idea how many. The new foster is a challenge, but he is starting to adapt to home life. It is so much fun watching them transition from racing to being a pet.

Check out our post " WE had no idea" under the general category. ; )