Just Adopted A Galgo!

Guest buttonwillow

Guest buttonwillow

Hi!!, i have a 10 year old greyhound named Josie who's been wanting a friend, and we've ended up adopting a 5 year old galgo boy from Spain. He came over to our greyhound group with some podencos and I think a few other galgos. The podencos are adorable too!

He's been home 2 hours and i'm so excited. He's super shy but a real sweetheart and they're sleeping next to each other right now. :beatheart:flip

Congratulations!

We adopted our galgo, Beatrix, in October 2013. She was 7 y/o when she came over from Spain (FBM). Beatrix gets along well with our greyhounds, but is definitely more of a "dog" if that makes any sense. We adore her!

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Congratulations! I live with two galgos! Make sure your food is all out of reach; the top of the fridge isn't high enough :lol

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Make sure your food is all out of reach; the top of the fridge isn't high enough :lol

TRUTH!

Our Beatrix is sneaky. We had to put a baby lock on our kitchen trash can. :lol

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Congratulations.

There are quite a few galgos here in my area and all of them are so very adorable and so very sneaky, including climbing fences.

Make sure to ask about the what we call Mittelmeer-Test, testing for illnesses that often appear in the mediterranian, like leishmaniosis, ehrlichiosis, babesiosis, dirofilariosis.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Guest buttonwillow

Thanks everyone! He's been tested for all the above (negative) - we have a great rescue here who are very knowledgeable and thorough. :ghplaybow

He's figured out not to pee in the house (i hope) :bow and has successfully done his business outside :bow

He's a bit shy and anxious but eager to please and, like all dogs, incredibly good looking. I'm curious to see what he'll be like when he settles in. He's very different from Miss Josie, who after five years still isn't interested in most of the house - he came right in and started exploring, went straight over to meet my husband, but shied away from contact. I slept in the living room to be close to both dogs last night and every time i woke up his head would pop up to see what I was doing.

He is eating well and enjoys going outside although the activity of the city is a bit intimidating (but he tries to see everything that happens, i think he'd like eyes in the back of his head).

I'm a bit anxious as well but I keep telling myself I've done this before and it turned out wonderfully.... :goodluck

Congratulations!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Congrats! I adopted my Galgo back in 2008. He was a very special dog and I miss him very much. :wub: I am on a committee of a local, well-established Greyhound adoption group that is getting into Galgos. It is my way of paying tribute to a great dog.

I have a few Podenco Ibicenco (Ibizan Hounds) and some Greyhounds now.

TRUTH!

Our Beatrix is sneaky. We had to put a baby lock on our kitchen trash can. :lol

Second this. Fergus has eaten (among other things) a box of Irish oatmeal, a jar of peanut butter, and a container of sourdough starter, all of which were left on the counter. I now have my bread cool on top of the refrigerator :)

Congratulations!

Edited by greypop

Welcome to your gorgeous tuxedo boy! Josie looks very content with having a new friend. Is she helping him settle down?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest AvaRoxyMia

Congratulations, your boy is stunning!!! Love galgos, wish we could have one but the fence thing is an issue. We support a galgo in Spain through Galgos del Sol, very upsetting the treatment of these beautiful animals, but hopefully the word is getting out!!! Again,

congratulations!!