Pet Insurance

Guest VenusWasHerName

Guest VenusWasHerName

Hallo! How many of you all have pet insurance for your greys? Any suggestions on which insurances are good?

Pet Plan looks after Peggy.

You need to look carefully at the exclusions, starting excess, and premium rises as the dog gets older, and also never let the policy lapse.

You may do better to ring-fence $5000 vet fund money... but can you guarantee that temptation would't let you eat into it?

Healthy Paws here too. Now they have a phone app, all I do is snap a pic of the invoice and submit it-SO easy!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

We have Trupanion, and they are easy to deal with. Based on our rising premiums, I will likely do Healthy Paws for Next Dog.

Would those rising premiums have anything to do with a pretty cat zapper over there?

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

We have Trupanion, and they are easy to deal with. Based on our rising premiums, I will likely do Healthy Paws for Next Dog.

Holly is still with Trupanion, but I just set River up with Healthy Paws. It was the per incident deductible that I was tired of.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd toss out that at 2 PM today I submitted a claim to Healthy Paws via the smart phone app. Two hours later I received an email stating my claim had been approved and my check will be in the mail tomorrow. That's service!

Last year, when Taylor was having treatments for Osteo (radiation and chemo), and then amputation, when we would get home I'd fax Embrace the claim form and the invoice for that day's visit.

Within 24 hours, I had an emailed acknowledgement from Embrace.

Within 3-4 days, I would get an email from Embrace confirming the claim had been covered.

Within a total time of a week to 10 days, I'd have a check from Embrace.

​They reimbursed me $10,000.00 in 2015, paying 80% of all claims, at a cost of $1.37 a day for the premium.

We were going into the bank to deposit or cash checks every week. AND they have treats in the bank!!

Last year, when Taylor was having treatments for Osteo (radiation and chemo), and then amputation, when we would get home I'd fax Embrace the claim form and the invoice for that day's visit.

Within 24 hours, I had an emailed acknowledgement from Embrace.

Within 3-4 days, I would get an email from Embrace confirming the claim had been covered.

Within a total time of a week to 10 days, I'd have a check from Embrace.

​They reimbursed me $10,000.00 in 2015, paying 80% of all claims, at a cost of $1.37 a day for the premium.

We were going into the bank to deposit or cash checks every week. AND they have treats in the bank!!

I just added Embrace to the list of possibilities for Next Dog. :)

I'd never get a plan that has annual coverage limits like Embrace. Veterinary care in an emergency is very expensive. Why pay for insurance if they'll cap your policy? Murray's treatments were over $20,000. I would have been out so much money using a policy like that.

Pet Insurance Review

Pet Insurance Reviews

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Another HP fan. They are always incredibly responsive and have great customer service. Their policies are also very straightforward. As long as you read up before signing on, it's very clear what will and won't be covered.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

If everything else was the same (deductible and reimbursement amts), I would guess age was the difference.

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Yes, mixed breeds are less prone to medical issues that result from genetic predipostions. There's an interesting website where you can see the inherited diseases in order of occurence for various dog breeds. Some of the lists are very long given the propensity to breed for form and not function these days.

Yup, purebred. I just ran a 2 year old mutt verses a 2 year old greyhound through several companies. The mutt was cheaper.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****