Springtime Supplements

LaFlaca

Wendy is 10 years old and having some lumbar spine problems. I have begun adding Springtime Joint Health Formula for Dogs to her food. I'm curious if any of you GTers have used this supplement and what is your experience/opinion? Thanks!

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I've been using Joint Health and Fresh Factors for around 5 months now.

Taylor is 7 years old and 10 months after front right leg amp for Osteo.

He runs around the back yard like a lunatic. Leaping and spinning and jumping.

Face, who will be 6 in June, take both, too.

He's running, too.

I had been giving mine the Joint Health and Fresh Factors but he will no longer eat them. Used to be able to just toss them in his food.

Break them up into tiny pieces. They are soft.

I give my guys Bug Off and Fresh Factors. I used to give Paul the joint supplements, too.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I have used the Springtime Longevity for about a year. I got it because I had heard such great reviews from people on here. My grey is almost 9 and doesn't have any health/joint issues so it is hard to tell if it has made a difference. I figure it can't hurt to add preventative joint supplements (and whatever else all the green stuff is in it! :P)

Fresh Factors and Joint Health for Rocket for the last 2-3 years. We also use the Skin and coat Oil.

Shortly after we started him on the supplements, he became a running fool out in the yard. He still does spins and runs a couple times a day at age 10. No real scientific proof but I think the supplements help his overall health. He recently had his first dental in 7 years with us and only needed a little tartar cleaned off along with a polishing. No extractions. He is in excellent health, although he does have a sensitive area on one leg that we are watching. X-Rays are perfectly clean and no arthritis.

The skin and coat oil pretty much stopped all of his itching when seasonal allergies here in the desert get bad.

So, there's lots of anecdotal evidence, and I haven't found a reason to stop using them or switch to a different product.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

it's what YOUR dog responds to, each variation of ingredients comes from a different formulation, not all glucosamines are the same. i tried a couple of brands(and bought the ingredients in bulk which is much cheaper) until i finally found one that my dogs seem to respond well to. it took a while since i gave each product a 4-6 month trial.

I have no reason to think they're not great products but Sweep does not like the taste of them at all. I had her on Joint Health and Fresh Factors and even when I broke them up into her food she'd spit out tiny pieces. We switched to Osteo-Pet Total Joint Care, which is bacon and cheese flavored and apparently more palatable for the diva (though I still have to crumble it over her food). I'm using the supplements mostly as a preventative so can't say I've seen any radical results, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either product. Springtime does have good sales and ships quickly, so no complaints at all about their service.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Great products. I use a mortar and pestel to grind them up and add it to their food. :)

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to belatedly chime in here. We were giving our Bella supplements in powder form and didn't seem to be seeing much of a difference, in addition she was getting some horrible gas. We added in some Deramaxx at our vet's suggestion and when we ran out of the supplements, discontinued those. She's been a little creaky and stiff in the past few weeks and before we up the Deramaxx dosage or added in another painkiller, we thought we'd try joint supplements again.

Realistically I know that a week is too soon to be showing direct results but wow, she has been bouncing around like crazy recently - doing zoomies inside which we haven't seen in a while. We're using Fresh Factors and Joint Health. We do have to break them up into smaller pieces for her to eat them.

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

• 2 weeks later...

I am a big fan of Fresh Factors and Join t Health. My hounds Luka and Peace are on the testimonial page.

I am a big fan of Fresh Factors and Join t Health. My hounds Luka and Peace are on the testimonial page.

• 2 weeks later...

If your dog has a lumbar spinal problem, joint supplements are certainly not going to help with that particular issue. Compression of the spinal column won't respond to all the neutraceuticals in the world. Although for those people who believe they work, you might notice some difference in her overall physical attitude.

If she does have LSS, it is important that you keep her weight on the slim side, and give her regular, gentle exercise, e.g. leash walking twice a day to keep her muscles strong.

George took gabapentin and Deramaxx daily and it probably added a couple of years of relative comfort.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Well, whatever the issues, the supplements and Deramaxx have definitely made a difference to the spark in her eye and overall well being - she seems much more comfortable than she was. We do keep her trim and she gets 2-4 walks a day of varying lengths even though we have a fenced back yard - we tend to only use the back yard for quick potty-ing and take her on walks for her mental and physical health.

I've used Fresh Factors for 20 years. Always had good results

edited to add: I have not had to use a NSAID (and won't) since Eliza died from Rimadyl. In addition to Fresh Factors there are some good Chinese herbs

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• 3 weeks later...

Update - in the 6 years that we have had Bella, she has had a bald butt. After less than 6 weeks on Fresh Factors, she has a fully fuzzed butt. Our new boy came to us with raw, red, scabby patches on his chest and thighs - completely cleared up in under 2 weeks.

Update - in the 6 years that we have had Bella, she has had a bald butt. After less than 6 weeks on Fresh Factors, she has a fully fuzzed butt

Wow, that is great!! :) I just ordered another jug of the Longevity. It is SO expensive with the exchange rate and shipping, I was debating whether or not to continue ordering or just feed a supplement from the petstore here. After reading all of the positive reviews though, I think I will stay with the Springtime. :)