Chase Needs Your Healing Thoughts

Most hounds have a NON-malignant hyperthermic event. Stress induced. True MA is a reaction to the anesthetic gas and is fatal unless dantrolene is given. Once a true MA has been experienced always a MA will be experienced-thankfully, it's very rare.

So, chances are if your dog had prior general anesthesia (spay/neuter...) and didn't need dantrolene your dog didn't have a true MA event.

Chase's episode if it was rhabdo, which it doesn't seem as likely now, would have been stress induced.

For those who have asked about him, Chase was a little whiney last night, but I think that was from having had teeth pulled. He's doing well tonight and his appetite has been good.

Good!

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Just checking in to make sure Chase is 100% again.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Thanks for asking about Chase, Jen. I'm sorry I've taken so long to reply. I think the pain he was exhibiting along his topline was probably related to the suspected LS he has. It just scared me because he hadn't been acting like that prior to going in and I know that is one of the signs of rhabdo and that you need to act quickly if it is.

I don't blame you. Glad he is okay.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."