Chase Needs Your Healing Thoughts

:hope

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Thank you for your good thoughts. He's at home right now. I had them give him more fluids and run a quick in house bloodwork on him. Liver enzymes were normal. That of course doesn't mean that he's out of danger but I don't want to add to his stress by taking him to the e-vet. I will though if I see signs of cola colored urine.

Oh, the poor boy! And poor you. I know how stressful and scary it is when this happens. I'll be sending good thoughts to both of you, and hoping he continues to improve.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Just looked this up and read this -http://pets.thenest.com/rhabdomyolysis-greyhounds-6571.html

Is it a muscle strain? I've never heard of this before. Or is it something as a result of the dental? Curiour because my boy is going in on Friday for a dental and x-rays for a recurring limp because of sore muscles so I'm trying to piece this together.

Thinking of Chase

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

So glad Chase is recovering at home now. He is in our healing thoughts.

A couple of our hounds have had extreme stress-related medical circumstances while at the vet hospital. You may already do this for Chase, but something we found helpful is to minimize their hospital waiting times. Example: If their surgery is scheduled for mid-day, we don't drop them off at 7:00 or 8:00 AM, leaving them to stress out (over heat) while waiting several hours for their scheduled surgery time. If they have an early morning surgery time slot, we pick them up as soon as they can be safely discharged, meaning we don't leave them waiting at the hospital all afternoon until it's more convenient for their human to pick them up.

Please let us know how Chase's condition progresses.

I'm glad to hear Chase is recovering.

Malignant Hyperthermia from anaesthesia is very scary, I think they are supposed to have Dantrolene on hand to stop it.

Most hounds have a NON-malignant hyperthermic event. Stress induced. True MA is a reaction to the anesthetic gas and is fatal unless dantrolene is given. Once a true MA has been experienced always a MA will be experienced-thankfully, it's very rare.

So, chances are if your dog had prior general anesthesia (spay/neuter...) and didn't need dantrolene your dog didn't have a true MA event.

Just seeing this now. I hope Chase is okay. I just finally got around to submitting Violet's records to insurance for her similar post dental incident so I've been reliving it. She already desperately needs another dental and I'm too afraid to do it right now. :( It really sucks that our pups react this way, makes everything so much more complicated. Maybe when Chase is feeling better we can swap notes on how to reduce the likelihood of this in the future. We tried, but I know a few specific places where things went wrong for us in the reducing stress department.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

hope he's doing ok!!! :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway