Http://www.assisi Animal Health.com/research/publications/

The Bio-Flo ones imported from Great Britian do work: http://www.bioflow.co.uk/

They are legally a medical device over there and they are not cheap. The cheap crap here in the U.S. is pretty much useless? Whole Dog Journal did an excellent article on the Bio-Flo a few years ago. They have helped my older hounds(they make a pet collar) with arthritis etc and I myself have worn one for years because it does help me. JMO.

Edited by racindog

"Pulsed electromagnetic fields have been shown to reduce postoperative pain, inflammation, and narcotic requirements after breast reduction and augmentation surgical procedures. This study examined whether pulsed electromagnetic field therapy could produce similar results in patients undergoing unilateral transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous (TRAM) flap breast reconstruction, a significantly more complex and painful surgical procedure." as quoted from the web site.

The product I believe if more about the electromagnetic fields, produced by a battery, not just magnetic fields that are standing alone. I have heard a lot about the copper and also the magnetic issues, but what I am wondering about is the electromagnetic fields produced by the battery contraption. I heard that one must buy the more expensive one, not one of the low batteries for this product to produce faster healing. I apologize for not being more clear on the question and appreciate all of the wonderful comments that give me more insight on these matters. On YouTube there are some videos on the subject. But I was wondering if anyone has experimented using this on greyhounds and what the result may have been?

One of the videos shows woman talking about improvement on their pets. PEMF THERAPY DEVICES. Some of the devices seem to also be hooked up where they are plugged into the wall socket, not with portable batteries.

Edited by SanTanSnuggles

Funnily enough, we just got back from Sweep's fourth acupuncture/third chiro session for a minor limp upon rising she's had for several months, and my vet asked if we wanted to try the Assisi loop on her neck (where they suspect the problem is). The vet herself has recently had shoulder surgery and said it gave her some relief. It was only $10, so I said why not. I'll report back if we see any results. Sweep didn't seem to mind it at all--apparently it just feels slightly warm.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Thank you .Please keep me posted. I have several friends that have fur friends that are interested. From what I have read, the treatments are not long lasting (more like three months) Has your vet suggested a time period for this? how long was Sweeps session? I read that they usually only last about 15 minutes.

Thank you .Please keep me posted. I have several friends that have fur friends that are interested. From what I have read, the treatments are not long lasting (more like three months) Has your vet suggested a time period for this? how long was Sweeps session? I read that they usually only last about 15 minutes.

The vet didn't suggest a time period; she probably wanted to see if there was any improvement after the first session before making further recommendations. It did last about 15 minutes. Granted, it was only one session, but I can't say we've seen any difference. I might be willing to give it another time or two, since it's cheap and she'll be there for acupuncture anyway (from which we've seen slight improvement), so I'll let you know if anything changes. Also, Sweep's got three vets baffled as far as what/where her specific issue is, so knowing where exactly to apply any kind of targeted therapy has been challenging. We've had four sets of clear x-rays over several months, so it appears to be soft tissue-related, but the limp is not bad enough to warrant the expense of an MRI. For a case where you have a clear diagnosis and know the exact area that needs treatment, I think it falls into the "can't hurt, might help" category.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart