Old Scars Itching Or Tingling?

Hi all,

Calvin has a few scars on his legs and feet that are pretty obvious. Last week i noticed that one of them was bleeding, and i wondered if it was maybe itching or tingling, causing him to lick it until it bled. Just now i noticed him licking a different scar, and now it is bleeding too.

Any experience with this? Is there something i could rub into the scars that might make them a little better over time? I wouldn't want this to become a problen in the future... Plus itchy tingly scars sounds kind of uncomfortable...

Here's a picture of the one just now.

0214161839_zpsmxfvycjd.jpg

Thanks!

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

I can only speak from personal experience here- my thyroid surgery scar (from 1989) STILL gets sensitive with weather changes, especially in the winter. Itchiness is one way I would describe it. So I think that is very possible.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

I have good experiences with cold laser therapy on scar tissue. My boys' physiotherapist did it during one physio session.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Iker has a huge scar around his neck. It gets red and flaky this time of year. I have tried several remedies, and the best seem to be coconut oil and vitamin E. Bag balm also works well.

My vet gave me cortisone cream, but I don't like it as much as the treatments I mentioned above. For us, the trick seems to be to keep it moisturized.

image.jpeg

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

vitamin e- buy the cheapest, bite the tip off the capsule and squeeze the e onto the scar. afghan people swear by it so i am told. i did use it when felix ripped the hair off of his shoulder running out of a pet door. he had a huge bare spot, with in 2 weeks i noticed hair beginning to grow. it's cheap and doesn't hurt. mmmm....thinking of it...annie got bit on the face or stuck her face into something. may as well use it on the area once the scab falls off.