Ok To Feed Raw Mushrooms?

XTRAWLD

I have, never heard any reason not to nor had any problems. As long as they're safe for humans (not the annoying ones that grow in my backyard), I think it's fine.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

I don't because I worry they might try to eat a wild mushroom if they see one.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

I treat mushrooms like I do carob: they are safe to give dogs, but then could lead them to try wild mushrooms or chocolate, which aren't. So I don't give those to the dogs, so I have hopefully less chance of them eating something that is not safe for them

77f6598d-2.jpg

My blog about helping Katie learn to be a more normal dog: http://katies-journey-philospher77.blogspot.com/

Thank you folks. He's leash walked (no fenced yard here) so chances of encountering wild mushrooms are rare.

Haha, just tried, turns out he doesn't even care for it! Problem solved! Probably only likes them sauteed like mommy!

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

I was about to say that as far as I know they are safe to offer but I learned long ago that mushrooms and eggplant are among the few veggies my hounds don't want.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.