Best Lab For Tick Panel

Henry spiked a bit of fever on Monday, just 103, and his vet did a snap test for tick disease that was negative; a urinalysis that found blood in his urine, but a negative culture, and a finding of neck and spinal pain. Metacam, robaxin, and antibiotics while it appeared that a UTI might be at fault. Now, on Sunday, Henry is afebrile, but much worse, hunching his back like a camel, walking with a heavy, almost drunken gait, toeing under, especially on the rear legs, not eating at all -- he is 7 years old and never raced. I would like his tick panel to be run by the gold standard lab for that, but cannot remember where that is now - the last time I needed it it was in the southwest, but now I believe it is the southeast? Could a helpful Greytalker point me in the right direction, please? Any other ideas would be most gratefully appreciated.

bth_FredandKimbaGreytalksignature1.jpg?t

Loving Kimba & Fred, missing Booker & Polly, first greyhounds, never forgotten.
"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights.
That is the way of a whole human being."
Abraham Lincoln

Doesn't sound like a tbd but, I would send the sample to ncsu. Also, if your vet uses Antech lab they offer a fastback panel that tests for something like 14 TBD's-only need to submit a lavender top tube.

Edited to add-I see you're in NY--might be worth the trip to Metzgers Animal Hospital. They are in State a College, Pa straight out Rt 80. Dr Couto is on staff there and when he's traveling etc.. he's able to be contacted by their clinicians.

Feel free to pm me if you would like more info on Metzgers -Dr, hotel, directions etc.

Edited by tbhounds

Thank you! My vet called after I posted, and he also rather doubts that this could be tick related. I went to college near Cleveland, so I am familiar with the drive out on Route 80. It's quite a stretch, but for Dr. Couto, if this does not resolve, I would certainly make the journey. I will investigate tomorrow. Thanks again!

bth_FredandKimbaGreytalksignature1.jpg?t

Loving Kimba & Fred, missing Booker & Polly, first greyhounds, never forgotten.
"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights.
That is the way of a whole human being."
Abraham Lincoln

What was going on on Monday that caused you to take him in in the first place?

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Are your vets considering autoimmune issues as a possible diagnosis?

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting