Phaelin 6/12/02 - 11/28/15

greypuppyluv

I haven't been on GT much lately but wanted to let everyone know that we lost Phaelin back in November.

Phaelin was the sweetest boy ever. He loved everyone, and if he didn't like you (it was rare), there was a good reason. Every dog he met liked him. Every person he met loved him. He was beautiful, dorky, loving and a great kisser :P. He loved me more than anything. I loved him with all my heart. He was my puppy-boy, my dude, my handsome dork.

Three GAC volunteers and I drove to Phelan, CA in Jan. 2003 to pick up five 6-month old greyhound puppies from a BYB. Phaelin was one of the puppies that ended up in my truck. His 50+ pounds rode on my friend's lap in the front seat for the 2 hour ride to GAC's adoption kennel. It was then that I fell in love with him. I took him home that night and prepared myself for life with a (big) puppy. It turned out to be a wonderful life. We had almost 13 years together but it wasn't enough.

He was a show & tell veteran, runway & print model, occasional home visit dog. He was in several parades, met celebrities, gave blood to a friend's greyhound, gave me a black eye. <_< He helped find homes for countless greyhounds....many people wanted one just like him. He was really tolerant when I would dress him up in various outfits. His photo appeared in a Celebrating Greyhounds wall calendar.

He loved cuddling with his "sisters"....whippets Zuma, Kira and Winnie....and Little One, who was like a mother to him. He begrudgingly became a "big brother" to whippet Keno for the 2 short months he was with us.

Phaelin suffered from seizures the last 7 years of his life but we made sure they didn't limit his life....or the fun he had. He went on vacation with us every year and loved when he got to run on the beach in Morro Bay.

He had the most beautiful eyes.

They were 13 incredible years and I am so thankful he was in my life. :heart

Phaelin the day we picked him up from the desert

Edenalongfence.jpg

With Little One

P1010109.jpg

So regal

Phaelinlookingregal1.jpg

At one of the many events he did

2008_0412Image0072.jpg

Loving gaze with his gorgeous eyes

2008_1004Image0066.jpg

Cuddling with Zuma

Camerapictures032.jpg

He and Keno

2013_0724Image018-RevisedPM.jpg

At the Soldier Ride

YGP18F6.jpg

Enjoying Fiesta Island in San Diego

2013_0526Image027-Revised.jpg

He LOVED running on the beach

2012_0923Image139-Revised2.jpg

Our last trip to the central coast

2012_0923Image434-Revised.jpg

Edited by greypuppyluv

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I'm so sorry, Paula - I've always loved seeing Phaelin's pictures on here (and I love his name...)

Many hugs from me....

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

I have added your beautiful boy to the list of Bridge Angels for November and for 2015. I am so sorry that he had to leave you. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hugs. Such a beautiful boy :wub:.

Godspeed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a brilliant tribute to a wonderful friend. I am so sorry, Paula :grouphug

Godspeed Phaelin.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so very sorry. No matter how long we have with them, it's never long enough. Gosh he was gorgeous.

Godspeed Phaelin.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Paula, I'm so sorry to read that Phaelin has left you. He was a stunningly handsome boy. How lucky he was that that you came to his rescue. I'm so sorry for your loss, my friend. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Such a special boy. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.