Beware Of Phog

teri_d

I was honored to get a phone call several years ago from Teddy Palmer offering to let my dh and I name two unraced puppies from Monica Crowley/Ariel battle litter. We named one pup Beware of Phog. We were excited for him when he was good enough to head to derby lane capable kennel. He was a finalist in the fall juvenile race there. As some of you who follow the "watching and waiting" thread on gt my dh and I followed his career cheering his many victories.......beware of Phog is a university of Kansas basketball "thing" us being alumni -- and the alum association did a couple stories/blogs about Phog in the magazine. He had an injury and there were long stretches of time we didn't know how or even where he was - but we reached out to his owner, dawn bladen, who graciously said when he retired he could race to our house. We ventured to derby lane last October and got to meet Phog, his trainers Henry and Belinda Parker and wonderful guddy - our first trip to a greyhound track.. His last injury proved to be career ending and I am thrilled to report that January 20th at 9:30am we picked up Phog from derby lane and started back to Oklahoma with him. We are so grateful to all of those who loved and cared for him before we knew him - just as we know they are thrilled for him to have a new family now. So joining rollover ronee and rowdy Jill, the Phog is home. I do know the rules - and I have lots of pictures - but I just am not tech enough to get it all figured out -- I have put off the intro thinking I'll have time to get this all figured out - but it has not climbed to the top of the list quite yet - hopefully soon - u till then take my word that this big black fella is beautiful!

Congratulations!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thanks Rachel for posting his greyhound data page !!! His kennel or Vera when she was at derby lane did that for him - wish I could take credit :). If I was smart enough to do that, I'd be able to post pictures - I did have a few and loaded some pics on to photobucket today - just haven't gotten them resized and posted - I never have enough hours in my day!