Az Vet Recommendation?

Guest CryHavoc

Guest CryHavoc

Hello All!

Okay so we are closing on our new house on the 12th of this month (Yay!) and will be moving from one side of the Phoenix valley to the other..

We are currently without a regular vet (our previous vet retired and I do not like the other vet in the office.)

Was wondering if any of the Arizona people have vet recommendations. We will be living near 16th street and Baseline.

Any help would be appreciated!

Bea

Amelia: Afghan hound

Basil: Borzoi

Coraline: Borzoi

Tallahassee: Borzoi

We recently started using Bethany Home Animal Hospital at Bethany Home Road, 1/2 block west of I-17 ( about 25th Avenue) . The owner is the full-time veterinary surgeon there and had had several greyhounds of her own. Trolley's Mom has used them for years, and we recently took Rocket there for his surgery when the staff at our own vet changed and there was no longer anyone with Greyhound experience in the practice. We have since started using them as our full-time vet even though we are out in North Peoria.

At first view, the neighborhood is one of those that can look a little sketchy like many Phoenix neighborhoods, but we've had no problem there. The facility is very clean, organized, and everyone from the receptionist to the surgical techs and vets have been some of the most professional I've ever dealt with. We could easily go a few blocks in either direciton from our house and use a neighborhood vet as there is one every 3 blocks here, but we've chosen to make the 25-30 minute drive from now on due to the fantastic treatment Rocket received there.

If you go there - note that there is an island in the middle of Bethany Home Road and you can only access the parking lot from the westbound lane. You have to slow down as soon as you go by the off ramp from I-17 or you will overshoot the parking lot and have to circle back around in traffic. Very easy once you've been there once, but easy to miss the parking lot when you are watching traffic and trying to locate the driveway.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I use a mobile vet, Dr Peg LaCombe, http://www.atyourbarkandcall.net/

602-418-6545

There is, or was, a vet clinic in south Phoenix (so, near you) that a lot of people use because one of the vets was a former track vet, so very greyhound savvy. Unfortunately, I've never used them, so I don't remember the name :rolleyes: Perhaps some other Phoenix peeps will remember.

There is, or was, a vet clinic in south Phoenix (so, near you) that a lot of people use because one of the vets was a former track vet, so very greyhound savvy. Unfortunately, I've never used them, so I don't remember the name :rolleyes: Perhaps some other Phoenix peeps will remember.

Southside Animal Hospital. We use them and we like them. They don't have appointments, just walk-ins, and the prices are pretty good I think. Or is this the one where you don't like the new provider?

jakesigsmall_zps254e191c.jpg

Photographer in Phoenix, AZ www.northmountainphoto.com

Guest CryHavoc

Thank you all for the recommendations! I have made a list and will investigate all of the options.

Man moving is a pain in the butt! so much stuff to try and remember and get sorted.

Bea