Murray 7.15.03-1.8.16

45MPHK9

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Tricia, I am so very sorry. Even knowing that it was coming, seeing Murray's name here was a jolt. I remember meeting him at my first Grapehounds when you were my neighbor. He was such a lovely gentleman. Every year I look forward to the card from you and Burke with your wonderful photos.

Godspeed, Murray.

Tricia, Burke and Holly,

Words cannot express my sorrow for your loss. I also know the work that goes into a fearful dog and the invincible bond that forms as a result.

Many hugs

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest PiagetsMom

Oh, Tricia and Burke.....what could I possibly say that hasn't already been said? Please know that my heart goes out to you, and it knows exactly how you feel. Murray was such a beautiful boy, and he knew much, much love and happiness with you. I'm so very sorry that you've had to say goodbye to your most special boy :grouphug

Edited by PiagetsMom

There are no words.

You made a promise to Murray, and you followed through. He is playing at the Bridge now with Bee. :beatheart:cry1

It is so, so very hard when you are doing all you can, and having to know when to say when. Everything you have done was out of the utmost love for sweet Murray. He was, and is, such a loved hound. If only they could all be so lucky.

I can only imagine how you are feeling. Crying with you.

:grouphug

Tricia, I'm so sorry to learn of Murray's passing. What a beautiful tribute to him.

Hugs to you and Burke.

Rest in peace, sweet boy. f_yellow

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I am just seeing this today. Reading your words, seeing your photos, brought me to tears. I have always so loved your photos and became attached to both Holly and Murray through their photos, in which you so captured the essence of their gentle souls. I am so sorry. Just so sorry that you had to say goodbye to such a phenomenal and beautiful boy. My thoughts are with you as you and your husband deal with the pain of his loss. Godspeed, Murray.

Edited by k9soul

Oh, Trish and Burke, I'm so sorry for your loss. Murray was a beautiful boy and so very lucky to have you. :cry1

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Tricia, not only are you are greyt photographer, but a wonderful writer as well. I loved reading Murray's journey with you, and of course always love the pictures. My heart goes out to you and Burke and Holly. Losing your heart boy is one of the toughest things in the world. He will be watching over you :heart:angelwings

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

Guest brindleandfawn

We logged into Greytalk for the first time in a few years so we could read your wonderful tribute and see the incredible photos of your beautiful boy. We will miss him and are thinking about you both a lot lately. Sending healing thoughts.

We are so glad we got to experience a little of Murray's (and Bee Wiseman's) wonderful qualities through the photos and stories. Sending hugs, tears, and extra ear scritches for Holly.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Tricia, I haven't been on GT much since Christmas, and am just now seeing this. My heart sank when I read that you had lost Murray. He was so lucky to have landed with you and Burke. Your tribute was so special, and I will miss seeing pictures of your beautiful boy. You, Burke and Holly will be in my thoughts and prayers.

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

My Murray is home tonight. This has only served to reopen the wounds that were starting to heal. I miss my boy so much. :(

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am so very, very sorry :cry1 :cry1

I know how hard it is with a hound with a brain tumor :cry1 sending you all hugs. :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest OPointyDog

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss - but so glad to know that you found each other and have so many happy memories and beautiful photos.

I met him briefly at Grapehounds a couple years ago, and I had no idea that he had so many behavioral issues. Thank you for finding a way to manage them and help him be a healthy, happy dog. I know it's not easy and many people would have given up on him.