Stiffness When Squatting - Supplements?

Our 9 year old greyhound has stiffness when squatting to poop. She is mildly active, likes to walk & trot, and does not act like she is in pain - but who knows. I am considering a supplement to keep her joints as limber as possible. Looking at Dasuquin as a possibility. Other than price, is there any downside to Dasuquin in your experience? thanks-

We've been giving Dasuquin with MSM soft chews to our hounds for a couple of years now. Seems to help and haven't had any negative side affects. We do have to chop up the chews and mix with food or else they won't eat them.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

I don't know about Dasuquin but I give hypericum lm 6, 5 drops each day in their drinking water. It helps with the mobility and with the nervous system. And every 4 - 6 weeks we go to physio to help with all those little aches your dogs get with getting older.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Dasuquin was mildly helpful, not worth the cost and I don't like how they spend their money. I asked trainers in the racing world and hands down they recommended Next Level Joint Fluid. I tried it and in 2 weeks the change in Doodles was dramatic. She was brighter, moved much easier, more playful and even friends noticed how much better she was feeling and moving. I buy a gallon at a time, it lasts for months. She'll be 13 next month and she's still going strong.

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest soylette

my greyhound is 14. her hip stiffness started at around 12 years old. we have her on glycoflex III chews, canine musculoskelatal support (this one in particular makes a huge noticeable difference), and ligaplex II. you can order these all from amazon. she's also taking chinese herbs and getting acupuncture.

Twiggy has been getting Dasuquin with MSM, Duralactin (which was highly recommended by several of her vets (primary, oncologist, and physical therapy), and Adequan injections (I give them to her myself).

All are considered very safe.

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties