Thoughts And Prayers Please

Ruby is at the vet and will be getting her dental this afternoon. I am trying to keep myself busy, and have sewn 2 Mermaid Tails to stay occupied.. haha.

She has been acting so weird the last few days and I talked to the vet, who didn't seem to be too worried. Her labs all looked great and she is getting the IV before the procedure.

Any good thoughts and prayers you can spare for my girl today would be appreciated.

Thank you

Karen

Ruby came home this afternoon around 4:00, and when I walked in all I could hear was her whining.........LOUDLY !!!! I asked how long she had been doing that, and they said just since I walked in. Hope that is true, I have never heard her be so loud.

Anyway, out she came, prancing and walking in a straight line. I was thinking she was going to act like a drunk old man or be wobbly and weak...........but no, my girl was raring to go home. I put her outside for a bit when we got home and she was sniffing her food dish pretty hard. They told me not to feed her until tomorrow morning. She seemed very normal and I ended up giving her a piece of bread before bed tonight. I couldn't stand the thought of her starving all night.

She has all her teeth and they are very pretty and white. The vet said she had a lot of tartar, but no decay.

So happy that it is over and all is well. Thank you for all the good thoughts for her today.

Karen

Guest Lygracilux

Yay Ruby! Greyt news (:

Fusion had a good dental this week as well-so that makes 2 pearly white teffie hounds.

Unlike Ruby, Fusion was a "drunken" mess :bgeorge

Yay! Glad it all went well. When I adopted my Luke at 10 yo he had lots of tartar with accompanying gingivitis. He never had trouble eating & seemed comfortable & happy. Was really worried about a senior having a dental but he came through it with flying colors.

Anyway, out she came, prancing and walking in a straight line. I was thinking she was going to act like a drunk old man or be wobbly and weak...........but no, my girl was raring to go home.

...The vet said she had a lot of tartar, but no decay.

Exact same with Luke. I was so relieved. He came out of the vet's like he hadn't had any anesthesia or sedation at all.

We were shocked at the change in him after the dental. Within a couple days it was like he was suddenly years younger. We couldn't believe it. Clearly he mouth had really been bothering him before & we'd just not known it. Dentals are scary but can really help the dogs.

Ruby has had a rough day today. I thought all was well and she was going to breeze through the anesthesia after effects, but not so lucky. I woke up to her in her crate covered in vomit. I did not hear her at all, and she was sound asleep when I got up. Pretty sad. I got her cleaned up and washed all her bedding. I gave her a very small amount of boiled white rice couple hours later and she acted like she was starving. About 4:30 I heard a weird noise and went to check on her, and she had vomited all the rice and some green yucky junk. Cleaned that bed and her toys up and did not feed her tonight. I called the vet to make sure this was normal and they assured me it was. She has had some water tonight.

She has been very quiet and sleepy tonight and is sound asleep in her crate for the night. Hoping we have a better day tomorrow.

Karen

Glad she's feeling better :)

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

hope she's doing ok!!!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway