The Swanky Hound!

greypuppyluv

I've loved collecting beautiful collars for my dogs for 20+ years and felt it was time to start making my own. The collars I make are limited slip collars (similar to a martingale) that are sturdy and look like jewelry on your hound. They are beaded and come in a wide variety of colors. Each collar is $20 and matching beaded tassels are an additional $2. Or, you can purchase just the beaded tassels by themselves. :)

I currently list all The Swanky Hound collars on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheSwankyHound/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel but hope to be getting my website up and going soon. Please check out my page and if you have any questions, I would love to hear from you. :nod

I'm now making tag collars! I don't keep these in stock but make them to order. I can make them in any color combo. $20 + shipping.

Here are a few tag collars I've made for reference:

IMG_20160710_122414.jpg

340%2020160911_122939.jpg

342%20Sold%20to%20Lynn%20Dalman%20201609

Edited by greypuppyluv

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Beautiful! Be sure to post when your website is up since some of us are not on Facebook and wouldn't be able to order from FB.

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Very nice! Congratulations, Paula!

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Thanks everyone!

They are lovely. I have 2 questions: 1. will you take requests for colors and 2. how sturdy are they?

Yes, I take requests. :D I have quite a few different colored beads but if I don't have what you want, I will be happy to find the color(s) you'd like.

The collars are very sturdy. All three of our sighthounds have worn them for walks and they have held up wonderfully. Winnie is our whippet who pulls (and lunges at other dogs and bunnies :rolleyes: ) and all of hers have held together with no issues. Here's a photo of Winnie in her red foil bead collar (to get an idea of how they tighten):

20151203_152118.jpg

Edited by greypuppyluv

Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie

Congrats, Paula! Gorgeous collars! Hope your new venture is a Huge success! :D

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

For those not on Facebook, here's a link to my photobucket album that has all of my collars so far: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/gdogmom/library/Collars%20for%20sale?sort=9&page=1 (the tassels are in a sub-album of this album).

They are not in any particular order, and they are also not marked with a number or description, so if you see something you are interested in or have questions on, let me know which page it's on and I should be able to figure out which one you are referring to. Each collar has a size range (that is also not listed on photobucket) but if you would like to order any, just let me know the measurements around the largest part of your dog's head and directly behind the ears and I will make the right size for you dog(s).

Thanks again and I'm glad someone besides me likes these! :P

Do you post overseas? I'm looking for some tag collars for the girls.

Sure. :) The collars tighten similar to a martingale but I could probably make them with just one ring so they don't tighten.

Oh my, I love those. Please let us know what, where and when.

I'm in Fullerton, so if you're interested in seeing them in person, let me know.

Just got these awesome skull beads. Should make some very cool collars!

20160108_133441%20-%20RevPM.jpg

Finishing up a few skull collars and should be listing them in the next day or two, but wanted to post a few new designs today.

99%2020160111_131703.jpg

101%2020160111_131925.jpg

103%2020160111_132259.jpg

95%2020160108_111529.jpg

New collars listed....see post #1. :ghplaybow

Skulls in black and midnight blue!

118%2020160118_114710.jpg

Translucent green aqua

114%2020160115_122933.jpg

Translucent green aqua, light sapphire and dark sapphire

120%2020160118_114848.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone going to the Westcoast Greyhound Gathering in Solvang? If you are, please stop by and visit us. We will be vending in the Veterans Hall. You can meet our new boy, Paneer!

20160205_143717-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My sweetheart was at Solvang, and brought back collars for our girls! Here's Treasure sporting her new Swanky collar -

SWANKYHOUND%204.jpg

Thanks for the photo. :colgate Treasure looks gorgeous in her new collar! :beatheart I remember meeting your sweetie....what a nice man he is. Please tell him I said hi.

New design! All That Glitters...

Gold and Rose

184%2020160226_105403.jpg

Gold and Catans Teal

189%2020160229_143826.jpg

Gold and Montana Blue

197%2020160309_144353.jpg

Gold and Dark Red

199%2020160309_144519.jpg

Gold and Midnight Blue

202%2020160309_145029.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The Swanky Hound is having a sale! :confetti

From now until Thursday, March 31st at midnight, all ready made or special order collars are 15% off. Payment must be received by midnight Thursday for the discount to apply. Thanks and happy shopping!

• 6 months later...

I'm now making tag collars! I don't keep these in stock but make them to order. I can make them in any color combo. $20 + shipping.

Here are a few tag collars I've made for reference:

IMG_20160710_122414.jpg

340%2020160911_122939.jpg

342%20Sold%20to%20Lynn%20Dalman%20201609