Twiggy Had A Stroke

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greyt news but we still keep thinking of both of you and hoping for a full recovery for Twiggy and strength and much positive energy for mom.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Any advice on what to use to clean her up?

I just got her outside a few minutes ago and she stood, squatted & peed 100% on her own, :confetti However, she still lets loose while laying down sometimes, and I want to make sure she stays as clean and dry as possible. Earlier I used a paper towel with some nature's miracle, followed by very watered down paper towels. But, I'm guessing this isn't a very good option. Should I get baby wipes, or something else?

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Baby wipes are OK. In a pinch, hypoallergenic makeup remover wipes - if you happen to already have some. Otherwise, a damp cloth will be alright, Mom.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

You might consider getting some panties for her temporarily - usually used for heat cycles, but can be used for incontinence, too.

There are also hospital bed pads you can put down on her bed - they hold up really well, are washable, and are ususally bigger than other types of pads. Or puppy pads, in a pinch.

{{{HUGS}}}

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest IrskasMom

Ducky had good Advice . Yes Babywipes .Wendy give her some more Hugs and kisses from me . I know , they are very helpful .

Edited by IrskasMom

Thanks Ducky, I do have some of those and was thinking they might work.

Chris, I have multitudes of both of those, lol! I have more or less carpeted my entire downstairs with washable incontinence pads, & have her bed innards covered with a waterproof mattress pad & covered with multiple washable pads. I also have disposable pads under her, so she is pretty well covered!

I just want to make sure I'm using safe stuff to clean her up with because I can't get her to a bathtub right now. Thanks!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

So glad she is home and likely tumor free! Hope her recovery continues!

As for cleaning her up, I use damp rags and unscented baby wipes here.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

So glad to hear she is home! :yay

Unscented baby wipes work well, or just a damp washcloth.

The two of you are still in our :hope

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

:clap and :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Oh goodness, I just saw this! I'm so glad she's home and doing alright!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--