Twiggy Had A Stroke

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I'd give a little update - Twiggy continues to gain back her Twiggyisms all the time.

She is jumping and spinning for her walks, leaping over stairs, buries her head in my chest, and wags her tail.

Today we took over 3 miles of walks through the neighborhood, No one who sees her suspects that she had a stroke. All they see is a happy tripod.

I still find it hard to believe how far she has come in these past 3-4 weeks.

Now if we can just get her kidney issues under control. I'm still hoping that it may be mostly due to infection. She was showing signs of infection a week ago, so she has been on antibiotics for the past week. Even though her cultures have both come back negative, her symptoms seem to be reducing with the abx, so we shall see...

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Great update. Hopefully the kidney issues will soon be in the past.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

GO TWIGGY! :wub: :wub:

Good to hear she is doing so well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.