Hoping For A Hound!

Guest magic_snoots

Guest magic_snoots

Hi there! I'm Andy and am hoping to adopt a Grey in the near future! The only thing missing is a fence (though with the weather recently it may take longer than I hoped)! I have a 7 month old borzoi named Albus, who is also a big fan of Greyhounds! The cats on the other hand... LOL! I have done an obsessive amount lots of research into the breed, and already have a gazehound vet but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a Bunch!

Andy + Albus

Welcome from Germany. Your excitement reminds me of myself... of a much younger self.... years ago.

I'm looking forward to read about your progress and of course to see pictures of Albus and when he or she is there, your new pup.

I also happen to like your name... Andy is living here, too... but he is a grey. 😉

Edited by smurfette

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Welcome! A fence is usually not necessary, but I think it makes having a dog so much easier. Out of curiosity, why a greyhound, instead of another borzoi or other sighthound?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest CryHavoc

Welcome! I am another Borzoi owner. I've got three of them and an Afghan hound! we are not greyhound owners (yet, maybe someday!) but everyone has been very welcoming anyway.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your 'Zoi and your future Grey!

Bea

Amelia: Afghan hound

Basil: Borzoi

Coraline: Borzoi

Tallahassee: Borzoi

Guest magic_snoots

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! Sorry for the late replies, Christmas kinda got in the way.

@ellenevebaz As for why a grey and not another 'zoi is I have always wanted a velvety snooter. I love all sighthounds and hope to have had the chance to love all the breeds in my lifetime, but greyhounds were my first experience with them and have a special place in my heart.

I will try to post some pictures as soon as I figure out how lol

Guest magic_snoots

If I get a female her name would be Minerva (Minnie for short) but I'm at a loss for a male name I like (though if he's big and brindle I want to call him Hagrid lol)