Syrupy Urine?

Yesterday I transported a 9 y.o. female greyhound back to it's original adoption kennel. I'd been trying to get my hands on this dog for some time.

Owner dumped her my house at 6am as I was leaving to transport another dog across the state.

Since it was still dark all I could see was that she was severely emaciated. The top line of her spine was all pointy bones.

She was so full of flea dirt that petting her felt like trying to read War & Peace in braille.

She was wearing an old, generic flea collar. Had not had vet care in a year.

Owner couldn't afford vet care, yet looking at her FB pictures, she could afford 2 dirt bikes and lots of new tattoos.

Once back at PRH I could see an abcess or possible ruptured anal gland. Complete with maggots.

When I asked about cat/small dog safe owner replied, "She does great with our 6 boa constrictors"

Enough venting :angryfire

The kennel volunteer, also a GT member :) , noticed that her urine looked syrupy.

What horror has this poor girl got going on in her bladder?

Despite this neglect she is happy, sweet and this likes humans.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

What does syrupy mean? Just consistency or color as well?

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Dehydration, infection ..... Thanks for helping get her back on the road to a good life, Ducky.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

A bit thick or viscous.

It was dark outside when she peed in my front yard so I didn't notice it then. She peed several small times when I got her on the adoption kennel's property. Looked clear, not dark.

She had not had any water on the drive although owner said she had some that morning. Had diarrhea in owner's apartment *here's what I think of you people!*

GTer Roo was there to take her in. She commented on the syrupy aspect and smelled bad too.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Dehydration, infection, and possible temporary diabetic-like symptoms due to diet or lack thereof. A vet will be able to assess better. I have no words whatsoever for the "person" caring for this poor girlie :angryfire.

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Oh better for me not to say anything about the previous owner, so glad that you got her Ducky and hopefully she'll recovery will go well.

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

Nevermind---I'll refrain from what I wanted to say about the owner. I'm thankful this poor girl will be attended to now.

Thank you Ducky. Prayers for that sweet girl.

:nod:nod:nod

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Well with all she's got going on it's no wonder that even her pee is off the charts. I'm sure you'll (or the adoption kennel as I'm reading) get her all fixed up in no time. It will be a happy Christmas for her, I just know it.

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Good lord. Thank you Ducky and Roo for giving this old girl the kindness she deserves.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Just consistency - it was a relatively normal yellow-clear (though at times I thought I saw perhaps a bit of white, but she was in the sand lot so I couldn't tell if it was actually her urine or a trick of the light). When she first squatted to pee, nothing happened, then it was a sort of blob and then she peed a bunch - looked kind of thick, smelled strong and a bit strange. She had a sort of sickly sweet odor all over, the poor dear. The bath helped a bit. I did notice that her skin looked a bit irritated and sore back there, so an infection is certainly likely.

She's full of worms, too. She's already gotten a dewormer and her first couple doses of antibiotics. Vet asap this week. Three small meals a day, comfy blankets in her crate... She's so bony :(

She got lots of cuddle time today. She's an absolute love bug despite everything.

Mom of bridge babies Regis and Dusty.

Wrote a book about shelter dogs!

I sell things on Etsy!

Ugh. I don't understand how people can neglect an animal so badly. Hope she heals quickly under your care.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

If the pee smelled sweet that is a sign of diabetes. It could just be due to poor diet, lack of water or UTIs. And will clear up when given a good healthy diet and meds.

Why have a dog if you cannot even do basic care like flea prevention. Poor thing probably has worms too.

If the pee smelled sweet that is a sign of diabetes. It could just be due to poor diet, lack of water or UTIs. And will clear up when given a good healthy diet and meds.

Why have a dog if you cannot even do basic care like flea prevention. Poor thing probably has worms too.

She does :( (Hopefully not for long though - she got a dewormer yesterday.)

Mom of bridge babies Regis and Dusty.

Wrote a book about shelter dogs!

I sell things on Etsy!