Vomiting And Lethargy

teri_d

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:clap

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

great news, it takes a little bit for the nervous system to heal...sending prayers and her continued improvement....that would be a great gift for the holidays that she recoups to her ol' self!

Kathy, Bo (SK's Bozo), and Angels Storm (Greys Big Storm), Grace (Rise to Glory) and Sky(Greys Sky Dove),

My dog believes I go to work for their food and treats.

I'm headed to Maryland today to help so son can go to work (gotta pay the vet bills lol) will post updates when I arrive this evening - thank you all for continued prayers.....haven't heard this morning - yesterday Eve she was eating drinking and her tail was wagging. She could not stand, but could hold her head up - she was happy to be home on her bed with a toy

Don't give up hope.

About 4 years ago my three girls and a cute little one named Luna were at a LGRA race. Luna came in first followed by Tanzi and Emma, with Opal coming in last. Luna overshot the now stopped lure and turned around to come back to it. Just as Opal was coming to it. They collided very hard. Both stayed down for a few minutes, but Opal eventually got up. Luna did not. Opal had T-boned her so hard Opal's basket muzzle had shattered. How she escaped facial injury is beyond me.

Anyway, Luna was rushed to the hospital and diagnosis was spinal damage at the base of the neck. The spine was misaligned but the cord still looked intact. Luna was completely paralyzed. But the owners weren't going to give up. Luna did show signs of fighting and each day there were tiny improvements. This happened Dec 4. The owners had a commitment to be away for Christmas, so I offered to care for Luna since I had experience.

Christmas Eve, they carried her inside my house and placed her on her bed. At this point in time I think the only thing she could do was stand if you got her up and placed her legs squarely under her. Nothing more. The owners gave a teary and apprehensive good-bye and left.

I was watching TV and watching Luna just gazing around the house when suddenly my three girls jumped up and flew out the dog door. (they do this often, so I didn't think anything of it). But Luna had no idea what was happening and as if caught in the votex my three created she got up and hobbled to the door. I good 20 ft on her own.

I call that a true Christmas Miracle. I immediately called the owners and when they heard my voice just an hour after they left they panicked. I told them the great news. By the time they picked her up 5 days later, Luna was walking and even trying to run on her own. Of course I was right there, hands hovering on either side of her to make sure I could catch her if she fell. She was very wobbly but walking on her own none-the-less.

While this was an injury, not a stroke........I just wanted to let you know miracles happen. Luna came back 99%. She gets a slight limp when she's tired. That's the only sign that anything ever happened.

Don't give up hope.

About 4 years ago my three girls and a cute little one named Luna were at a LGRA race. Luna came in first followed by Tanzi and Emma, with Opal coming in last. Luna overshot the now stopped lure and turned around to come back to it. Just as Opal was coming to it. They collided very hard. Both stayed down for a few minutes, but Opal eventually got up. Luna did not. Opal had T-boned her so hard Opal's basket muzzle had shattered. How she escaped facial injury is beyond me.

Anyway, Luna was rushed to the hospital and diagnosis was spinal damage at the base of the neck. The spine was misaligned but the cord still looked intact. Luna was completely paralyzed. But the owners weren't going to give up. Luna did show signs of fighting and each day there were tiny improvements. This happened Dec 4. The owners had a commitment to be away for Christmas, so I offered to care for Luna since I had experience.

Christmas Eve, they carried her inside my house and placed her on her bed. At this point in time I think the only thing she could do was stand if you got her up and placed her legs squarely under her. Nothing more. The owners gave a teary and apprehensive good-bye and left.

I was watching TV and watching Luna just gazing around the house when suddenly my three girls jumped up and flew out the dog door. (they do this often, so I didn't think anything of it). But Luna had no idea what was happening and as if caught in the votex my three created she got up and hobbled to the door. I good 20 ft on her own.

I call that a true Christmas Miracle. I immediately called the owners and when they heard my voice just an hour after they left they panicked. I told them the great news. By the time they picked her up 5 days later, Luna was walking and even trying to run on her own. Of course I was right there, hands hovering on either side of her to make sure I could catch her if she fell. She was very wobbly but walking on her own none-the-less.

While this was an injury, not a stroke........I just wanted to let you know miracles happen. Luna came back 99%. She gets a slight limp when she's tired. That's the only sign that anything ever happened.

Just want to than you for sharing this. I needed to hear it too :)

Questions questions!! She can stand and yesterday seemed a little more steady on her feet....sh has taken a few steps. Yesterday afternoon she seemed to be much more awake and alert. Today she is just happy sleeping. SO - how much do you 'push' and how much do you let them dictate the pace of recovery? How much do you help and how much do you let them do it all? She is eating baby food - how much is enough to feed her so she can get her strength up - any help and tips appreciated! Thanks in advance! I'm so glad I can be here to help.......

Edited to add that the diagnosis from the Mri was a cerebellar vermis lesion consistent with an ischemic stroke

Edited by teri_d

Things are going well! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. She can now walk -balance still an issue of course - but has peed and pooped outside and is so much more stable. We are now seeing that she will recover :) Pt went great yesterday - the vet on hand was SO impressed after reading the neurology report that she was doing so well. She had massage, range of motion exercise and laser treatment and also went into the water tank with pt tech. Thanks to teddy Palmer who has been our 'go to guy' for questions and concerns.....carlinda has been eating brown rice and tripe mixed adding water as she has not been drinking. Now mixing in a bit of her kibble blue buffalo that she regularly eats. Thanks also to Tracy (tb hounds) your help was so appreciated!!! And to all the rest of you for good thoughts and prayers! If anyone in the future is searching this out feel free to pm me - it is indeed so scary.....my heart still aches when I think of our son finding her and going thru the first couple days of waiting by himself. We are so blessed that I can be here to help right now so he can work - and gotta say the first couple days home two people are a big help. Thanks again to all

Edited by teri_d