Fromm Gold-Weight Management?

Guest Lygracilux

Guest Lygracilux

We finally got Fusions poo issues cleared up about 7 months ago by putting him on Hills W/D then switching to Whole Earth Farms Turkey and Duck. He had been doing so well on it up until recently when we got a couple new bags of the WEF's. No diarrhea, but hes had wicked bad acid re-flux that's only gotten worse (stinky burping, puking bits in his mouth, vomiting bile at night if we don't give him a pepcid)

It all seemed to start with a new bag of food, and I honestly cant think of anything else it would be-he doesn't get into trash or anything like that. I read somewhere that Whole Earth Farms was bought out by Purina just recently-so Im wondering if maybe its a formula change or something.

Sooooo, back onto trying to find a new food. Yay! -_-

(Currently just getting him fully on W/D again for a few weeks to let his tummy settle)

We're looking for a low fat, high fiber food (fiber can be lower if needed as we can add oatmeal or pumpkin) with a moderate protein percentage. He is sensitive to Salmon and other fish-so it cant have that. He seemed to be doing really well with the Turkey and Duck-so keeping either of those as the main protein source would be ideal.

I came across Fromm Gold-Weight Management, and it has the prefect percentages, and protein source. Just wondering if anyone has their houndies on Fromm and if they liked it.

Also Blue Buffalo has a few limited ingredient-grain free options with low-ish fat and high fiber that look appealing as well-any input on those, or any suggestions at all would be great!

Thank you!

Lila eats Fromm Gold Large Breed Adult and does great on it!

I like that they are a family owned company here in Wisconsin. They have a buy 12 get one free program and if you sign up for their email list they send occasional coupons.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Guest Lygracilux

Lila eats Fromm Gold Large Breed Adult and does great on it!

I like that they are a family owned company here in Wisconsin. They have a buy 12 get one free program and if you sign up for their email list they send occasional coupons.

Ooh yay! Thats great (:

Yeah I love the idea of them being family owned-and them putting in the care and effort into their food.

Thats awesome about the program! Free food is always nice. I also like that their prices are really affordable for a high quality food.

I don't have a grey yet, but my parents have 2 Havanese, one with Addison's Disease and an incredibly sensitive stomach, and I have a Chihuahua and a Havanese. Since they spend so much time together, we keep them on the same food.

Several months ago, our vet wanted the Addison's dog on a duck food. After researching, I decided on Fromm DUCK &SWEET POTATO. They love it! Even my cats want to eat it.

So I highly recommend Fromm products.

My only issue is the local place we bought it from closed shortly after we started feeding it. Now I order it online

Our Addison's dog periodically has a lot of diarrhea, so I ordered the Olewo carrots after reading about it here and it's been wonderful for her.

Good luck!

Guest Lygracilux

I don't have a grey yet, but my parents have 2 Havanese, one with Addison's Disease and an incredibly sensitive stomach, and I have a Chihuahua and a Havanese. Since they spend so much time together, we keep them on the same food.

Several months ago, our vet wanted the Addison's dog on a duck food. After researching, I decided on Fromm DUCK &SWEET POTATO. They love it! Even my cats want to eat it.

So I highly recommend Fromm products.

My only issue is the local place we bought it from closed shortly after we started feeding it. Now I order it online

Our Addison's dog periodically has a lot of diarrhea, so I ordered the Olewo carrots after reading about it here and it's been wonderful for her.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your reply! So good to hear that they've been doing well with it. (:

I have used the Fromms Gold holistic and Classic for 2-3 years as an adjunct to my main feeding program which is raw. I like it. It appears to be excellent quality. The Whole Dog Journal list it on their approved list. All the dogs I've ever offered it to like it and they do well on it. I used to feed Solid Gold but now a lot of their foods are made at the infamous Diamond plant in MO so that's now out of the question for me. No way am I feeding my dogs anything that comes out of there. Fromms manufactures their own food.

I had heard about Purina buying the WEF (Merrick's) out. Sad. I figured they would ruin its quality-looks like I was right based on what happenned to your poor houndie.

Edited by racindog

I have been using Fromm's for my hounds for years! and mine have done very well on it! Fromm's is made right here is good old Wisconsin! And they also haven't been affected by all the food recalls!

Sarah, mom to Stella and Winston . And to Prince, Katie Z, Malone, Brooke, Freddie, Angel and Fast who are all waiting at the Bridge!

www.gpawisconsin.org

do you have blue seal foods in your area? old old company- made in the USA like fromm. presently felix is on their senior food- low fat is what he currently needs. it's 7%http://blueseal.com/product/?id=22 they have a low fat that is 10% as well. check their entire site, you can punch in your zip code and find out who is distributing it. the price and quality is remarkable. my dogs have been on their lamb and rice but felix's sensitive stomach turned out to be inflamed pancreas, so low fat for him. felix has never eaten a chicken based food before- well, i tried it when he was a pup hand he nibbled his skin away....so duck/venison/lamb have been used. for some reason he's not reacting to the chicken at all....go know? for that price it's worth a bag- $45 for #40.

Guest Lygracilux

do you have blue seal foods in your area? old old company- made in the USA like fromm. presently felix is on their senior food- low fat is what he currently needs. it's 7%http://blueseal.com/product/?id=22 they have a low fat that is 10% as well. check their entire site, you can punch in your zip code and find out who is distributing it. the price and quality is remarkable. my dogs have been on their lamb and rice but felix's sensitive stomach turned out to be inflamed pancreas, so low fat for him. felix has never eaten a chicken based food before- well, i tried it when he was a pup hand he nibbled his skin away....so duck/venison/lamb have been used. for some reason he's not reacting to the chicken at all....go know? for that price it's worth a bag- $45 for #40.

Hmmm, Ive never heard of Blue Seal before! It seems the closest store that carry's it is about 15 minutes from me-not too bad!

Thats weird about the chicken! It must be the quality control or something. Im happy you found a food your houndies like and that works for them. Its such a pain to find the right food-and god forbid a formula change happens ):

I have used the Fromms Gold holistic and Classic for 2-3 years as an adjunct to my main feeding program which is raw. I like it. It appears to be excellent quality. The Whole Dog Journal list it on their approved list. All the dogs I've ever offered it to like it and they do well on it. I used to feed Solid Gold but now a lot of their foods are made at the infamous Diamond plant in MO so that's now out of the question for me. No way am I feeding my dogs anything that comes out of there. Fromms manufactures their own food.

I had heard about Purina buying the WEF (Merrick's) out. Sad. I figured they would ruin its quality-looks like I was right based on what happenned to your poor houndie.

Thank you for your reply. Im glad to hear of a food that a raw feeder approves of. I would love to feed raw, but I just dont have the time or money for it right now. (or the slightest idea of what to do)

Ugh yes, Purina definitely ruined WEF-Ive never tried the Merrick brand, but im sure hounds will be having issues with that now too.

Fusions already on half W/D and half of the WEF (transferring over to full W/D for a bit to settle his tummy before introducing him to a new food) and let me tell you-he didnt have one issue with his acid reflux last night. Maybe a little excessive burping, but nothing like its been. Has to be the food.

I have been using Fromm's for my hounds for years! and mine have done very well on it! Fromm's is made right here is good old Wisconsin! And they also haven't been affected by all the food recalls!

Yes! This too-I love that its family owned and operated. It means their indipendet and I wont have to worry about the poor quality control and a bunch of recalls.

Hi all, just joined....I have 2 greys, Carrera & Recon. I feed them Fromm's Chicken ala Veg...works for both. When I got Carrera 3+ years ago she suffered from horrible gas....took her off lamb & rice and switched to this. I also order the bags from Chewy.com, great price, free shipping and no tax...I'm on auto order. Thanks! :beatheart

Guest Lygracilux

Hi all, just joined....I have 2 greys, Carrera & Recon. I feed them Fromm's Chicken ala Veg...works for both. When I got Carrera 3+ years ago she suffered from horrible gas....took her off lamb & rice and switched to this. I also order the bags from Chewy.com, great price, free shipping and no tax...I'm on auto order. Thanks! :beatheart

Welcome to GT!! Thank you so much for your input! Haha Chicken ala Veg....I just love the names Fromm comes up with lol. Im glad it helped with the gas for your girl-nothing like those Grey farts lol.

Also, Carrera is such a beautiful name! You must post photos of her!

You might check out the prices on Chewy.com I order all of my food from there and they deliver right to my back door.

Oh yes! Im an avid member of Chewy. However, there is a little pet boutique about a 10 minute walk from my house that carrys Fromm! When starting Fusion off on a new food I like to get it from a store so I can easily return it if he gets sick. But if all goes well-Chewy will be hearing from me.

Also, Chewy sent me a handwritten Xmas card-how cute is that?

I've been feeding Fromm for about 5 years. The dogs love it, and do well on it. I rotate the protein sources, just because they get bored.

No issues in all 5 years? Thats so good to hear. I definitely think we will be doing the Fromm. As soon as hes completely off the old food and just on W/D for a bit to let his tummy settle.