Tk Depth Charge (July 14, 2005 - November 27, 2015)

TKtheGreyt

Yesterday, we said goodbye to our beloved TK. Our hearts are shattered. We never saw this coming, this horrible cancer that sneaks up and takes our best friends from us. We had a great Thanksgiving and the pups enjoyed a meal of sardines and turkey. Friday morning, I noticed TK was panting, which was not unusual and normally the result of some indiscretion on my part, like not making Mr. Big move out of the bed he wanted. When the panting turned into more labored breathing, I knew something was very wrong. At the e-vet, they immediately put him in an oxygen crate and gave him some meds to calm him a bit while they performed some tests. We were not prepared for the results – masses throughout his lungs and chest. How could this be? Why did we not see the signs? Had our boy been suffering without us even knowing? At that point, we knew we could not put him through any further stress; we had to make the difficult decision to set him free. When we saw TK for the last time, our good boy, brave and dignified, told us we were making the right decision – he was ready. We thank him for that as we will never have to question our decision. We said our goodbyes, stroking his soft fur and kissing his sweet face. His passing was both peaceful and heartbreaking.

We met TK on a rainy summer evening in August of 2009. His foster mom brought him over to meet us and we were smitten from the start. He was the most beautiful dog we had ever seen. We learned that TK had been with his foster family for quite some time and was passed over at meet and greets because he was so shy and nervous. To drive that point home, TK had an accident on our living room carpet. It may sound strange but, at that point, we knew he was meant to be ours. Several days later, TK officially joined our family and we were to become his loyal servants, catering to his every need. In return, he grew to trust us and emerged from his shell a happy, bratty, vocal hound who loved to give kisses, play and spin around in circles chasing his dad. He was also a master chatterer and an excellent vocalist, often joining in on Karaoke nights. TK loved other dogs too. When we started fostering Mr. Big, the two became inseparable right from the start and Big joined our family not long after.

The house is so quiet now without TK. How we miss that special boy with the soulful eyes, our perfect gentleman, our super-brat. We had 6 wonderful years together and, despite our sorrow, we would not trade a single minute. Goodbye friend, we’ll see you again someday. Until then - run, jump, spin, sing, eats lots of treats and nap often.

Tricia - Mom to Mr. Big (Flying Mr. Sir) - missing our special boy TK (TK Depth Charge).

TK had an accident on our living room carpet. It may sound strange but, at that point, we knew he was meant to be ours. :beatheart TK had been waiting for you to find him, because with you was where he was meant to be. I am so very sorry for your loss :grouphug

Godspeed good boy.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm sorry for your loss. One can feel the love and the heartbreak in your words.

Godspeed, beloved TK.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

How devastating to lose him so unexpectedly. I'm so sorry. :grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I do hate cancer. it is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry for your loss of TK. It's obvious that he was loved so much.

Run free, TK. :f_red

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'm so sorry for your loss

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross