Guest deedeesmom

Guest deedeesmom

So this morning, our girl Deedee, was not feeling her breakfast. In fact, she barely ate it at all.

She would eat a couple pieces out of our hands, but not eat all of her meal from her dish like she would normally do.

When I took her out later, when she was trying to poop, she was whinning a little but not too much and her poop wasn't fully solid but not diarreah either.

Later this evening, when my boyfriend came home, she still had not eaten her food. And when he took her outside for the bathroom, she still whined, and sometimes a little loud and had failry runny poop. There has yet to be any signs of blood in her poop (thank goodness!).

Otherwise she is acting pretty normal. She's not playing as much as usual, but will still follow us all aorund the house.

Is this something we should immediately call our vet about or wait and see if she can clear whatever may be bothering her?

One of my co-workers recommended adding plain rice to her food to help her stomach, is that a good idea?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Deedee's Mom and Dad

At least she's pooping so she's not blocked.

I wouldn't start the rice yet. Perhaps fast for a day unless folks posting after me suggest otherwise.

Is she drinking water?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest deedeesmom

She has been drinking normally with out a problem, just the eating and whining when she poops is the problem. Which did start just today and I'm sure I'm being paranoid, but I'm new to being a dog mom.

Anytime there's whining/pain along with eliminating it needs to be checked. It could be a blockage or ot could just be gas pains, but it's one thing you don't want to mess around with.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Get an x-ray. Sometimes they can be blocked and still pass stool-typically soft to diarrhea can pass around a blockage. I would have her checked.

Yup, I agree with the Vet Tech. :)

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

:nod Yup, what they said. :nod

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png