win4profit Posted November 21, 2015 Share Posted November 21, 2015 Friday morning at 3:30 am I awoke to Slick bumping into the dresser, he then comes over and bumps into the bed. I get up immediately because he is also panting, I thought maybe he was going to be sick. Once my eyes were focused, I could see he was swaying as if he were drunk. His rear legs were splayed wide apart and his head was down and he was very unstable. I knelt down to give him balance and called out for my DH. Diamond, being all puppy, thought it was time to get up and go out. DH went to let her out while I continued to tend to Slick. He tried to take two steps and then melted to the floor. He is panting and drooling and shaking. While DH goes out to start the van to take him to the evet, Slick pukes about a mouthful of kibble. We get this cleaned up and Diamond back inside and DH carries him to the van. I called ahead to let them know we would need help to get him in since DH hurt his back carrying him out. They met us at the door and we got him on the cart and they took him back immediately. We gave them all the details including the fact that we started him on Bravecto earlier that night. About a half an hour later, the Dr. came out to tell us that he was standing on his own and taking small steps. She told us his pupils were dilated and slow to respond and gently asked us if he could have gotten into any marijuana. Granted, after falling out of bed at 3:30 in the morning and throwing on the first thing, we probably looked the part but we assured her that there was no way. We agreed to check the yard for anything that he could have gotten into. We also agreed to leave him there so they could monitor him for any other episodes. They did a full CBC profile and found it was unremarkable. He did not have any further episodes and we brought him home around 5:30. He ate well and slept through the night. Today, he seems to be his old self. I spoke to my vet and she is adamant that it was not the Bravecto that initiated this episode. She did contact the drug rep to report it and was told that there were no other issues of neurologic episodes reported. She believes that he may have had seizure and I only woke to see the aftermath. I am sleeping very light because of Diamond being so new and do not believe that I would have slept through a seizure. So, does anybody have any ideas what this was? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.