Small Growth On Eyelid - Surgery Update Post 26

Surgery Update - We are home from the vet!

Rocket had a long day at the vet, but is doing great! He is home and resting on one of his favorite old beds and nesting places . As I wrote this he just got up and moved to the slumber ball. Now he moved back to the old bed - Goldilocks syndrome.... :bgeorge

IMG_2465_zpsciuxsqrv.jpg

Today's lesson is to never assume anything!

The "little pimple" that we figured was a small fatty tumor ended up being a huge tumor. Even the vet who originally screened him could barely feel the bump, and the tech this morning couldn't find it at all. When we picked him up, we found that the tumor was rather large and apparently deep, as he has a large shaved area with staples. Picture below. We will wait for the lab results and have paws crossed that it is "B9" as the kids in the chat club say.

IMG_2464_zpssuxzppg5.jpg

The cyst on the eyelid was removed and he has just a little redness there.

His Dental went well. At 10 years old he only needed some tartar scaling and a polishing. Toofers look awesome! No extractions! :mexi2:guns:pepper

Thanks to everyone for their feedback and well wishes. Keep those paws crossed for benign lab results.

Edited on Friday 12/18 to add -

Another update about pathology.

DW talked with the vet today when they called to check on Rocket. Even though the plan was to send the tumor out for pathology, the surgeon decided against sending it out because she was not at all concerned with about it. It may have been more of a cyst than a tumor, but whatever it was, the surgeon sees them all the time and they are not of a concern. We'll take it!

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Fantastic about his teeth. Prayers for speedy recovery and b9 results.

This!!! Rocket :wub:

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Whew!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

fingers crossed

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Yay!!!!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png