Cat Safe Vs Cat Workable.

When I dog sit, I've got gates with the little pet doors so my cats can get away, but obviously, it would be preferable to have a grey that was good w the cats.

Our baby-gates are installed up to 6" above floor level, which gives a nice wide berth for cats to escape from Greyhounds. IMO, cats living in the same home with Greyhounds need multiple, permanent, safe escape routes. All our "cat safe" Greyhounds have been known to try to chase our (indoor only) cats when the Greyhounds are feeling frisky. This includes up to 13 and 14 year old Greyhounds who have lived with indoor cats for many years.

(A determined Greyhound can squeeze under a 12" high opening.)

Our baby-gates are installed up to 6" above floor level, which gives a nice wide berth for cats to escape from Greyhounds. IMO, cats living in the same home with Greyhounds need multiple, permanent, safe escape routes. All our "cat safe" Greyhounds have been known to try to chase our (indoor only) cats when the Greyhounds are feeling frisky. This includes up to 13 and 14 year old Greyhounds who have lived with indoor cats for many years.

(A determined Greyhound can squeeze under a 12" high opening.)

I agree, the cats need permanent and safe escape routes. I have been dog sitting often enough I've left the gates in place. I just don't keep them all closed when it's just us at home. The cats have several places to go. I've always wished though, to have a pathway up high for them, all through the house. I'm sure it would be hard to make it blend in, but if I had someone handy who worked for free, I'd be building them all kinds of ramps and paths.