Giving The Dogs Raw Egg Yolks?

I give a fresh egg for every dog once a week. The eat it completely, love it and are still healthy.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Raw egg for a shiny coat has been around for more years than my grandmother. :)

Mine prefer theirs lightly scrambled. Whenever I scramble an egg I toss in another for them.

I'd guess safe is a personal decision level. Many people eat raw eggs in authentic Caesar salads, royal icing and other foods but it's not suggested for the immune compromised.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I recall some people here grinding up shells as well and mixing those into meals. I haven't done it so don't know how small or fine they need to be ground. Anyone else feed the shells also?

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

nootrishunly it may be OK, but many chikkens are infested with salmonella bugs over here in yourup. my daddy won't give me raw eggs, but he occasionally drops on onna floor. you no the rulz - if it's onna floor it's mine. dem brokken shelz is crunchy but crunchy is good.

yesturday before i et a hole giant chikken legg. well, most of wun. matty, the cokker spaniard left it for me inna communal garden so i grabbed it and run off wif it. daddy made me take it back, but mtty's mum said she'd trown it out there for me, cus matty wouldnt eet it wunce he et the toez. nex day i got a sor tummuy and coodent eet my brekfas. no more giant chikken leggs for me. daddy calz dem giant chikkens 'turkeyz'. ennyhow then i did a reely stinky light brown squishy poo and felt better an decided to eet my brekfass. daddy made faces an held his breff when he picked it up, he usually enjoys playing wif my poo an picks it up an hides it inna big green box the nice men come and steal the insides evvery weak* (hyoomans are funni!) but he dint like that wun. we saw matty's mummy later. she shez maybe that's why matty woodent eet it as he had a died rear poo too. my rear is OK now.

*- daddy haz a small grey box he puts nice tasty paper and plastk stuff in that othe hyoumans had wrapped our food in after they went hunting wifout us. daddy unwaraps and hides them paperz in tha box. he won't let me eet them. i don't try - he might get madd. once a week he throws it all inna big green box outside where he hides my poo and the men come the next day and it's all gone. they leave the big box. it's made of steel and don't taste good. i gess they then re-use the stuff to wrap more food in for daddy. they don't smell like poo tho. must wash them.

oops - heer comes daddy, gotta go oar heel figgure owt i bin posting agen. he sez it makes the spell chekker hav fits.

-poppy.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Of course, the whole thing. But always in the yard because my boys love to play with the eggs. They toss them in the air and the lick the mess of the lawn.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wasserbuffel

I had a foster who learned that eggs came up in the bucket from the chicken coop. He got into the habit of grabbing himself an egg when I put the bucket down. He was right back to it a few months after he got adopted and came back for me to babysit him.

Mine all love raw egg, but not the shells. They also like them slightly scrambled with spinach. Though this does remind me of a beagle my mother had when she was young. Apparently Trixie knew that the eggs were kept in the pantry and occasionally would disappear and reappear with an egg in her mouth. The only reason you knew it was there was the slight 'smile' on her face as she walked past with her purloined goods. Of course, the egg was intact unless you tried to take it off her, at which point the soft mouth cased to be and the egg was crunched up and swallowed!

I recall some people here grinding up shells as well and mixing those into meals. I haven't done it so don't know how small or fine they need to be ground. Anyone else feed the shells also?

I did this when I was home cooking, if you have a good mortar and pestle it's easy to grind them into powder.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest Lupin290

Probably OK, just remember that dogs can get Salmonella too. That being said, I can get salmonella and that has never stopped me from eating raw cookie dough.