Keiva And Hattie Are Hurt And At Vet. Prayers Please

Thank you greysmom and 3greytjoys.

Our vet did run a clotting factor when she started bleeding at their office after they called us. The vet said it was low but not low enough to not clot and that she clotted fine on the other leg. I will mention the aminocaproic acid though just in case.

We have taken two hour shifts through the night. She is sleeping. We have some bruising showing now and I am watching this one spot where we can see some blood but I am not 100% that it isn't perviously there but watching closely before my partner gets up to take over. So far we are holding steady but we are definitely not out of the woods by any means.

Thank you all for the prayers and white light. It means a lot and Keiva says thank you too as does Hattie (who has minor owwies and is just sore in general)

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Amicar (aminocaproic acid) is in short supply nationwide. The new manufacturer refuses to sell it as a generic anymore although some pharmacies may still have it. Full price runs $500-650 for a 5 day supply. After dealing with this issue with Percy, Dr Couto suggested Tranexamic Acid ($35). It's used to control heavy menstral bleeding in women and a vet normally not have it. A compounding pharmacy had to order it for me. Only comes in a 650mg pill which Dr C said was OK for a 70 lb greyhound. PL me if you have questions.

You may see more bruising in your dogs as that blood gravitates to the lower parts. Eventually it gets reabsorbed.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Amicar (aminocaproic acid) is in short supply nationwide. The new manufacturer refuses to sell it as a generic anymore although some pharmacies may still have it. Full price runs $500-650 for a 5 day supply. After dealing with this issue with Percy, Dr Couto suggested Tranexamic Acid ($35). It's used to control heavy menstral bleeding in women and a vet normally not have it. A compounding pharmacy had to order it for me. Only comes in a 650mg pill which Dr C said was OK for a 70 lb greyhound. PL me if you have questions.

You may see more bruising in your dogs as that blood gravitates to the lower parts. Eventually it gets reabsorbed.

Thank you! I found your thread about this too. Much appreciated. I think I may leave a message for her about this. I am very worried that when they unwrap her leg tonight that she will start bleeding again within the hour.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Thank god! That was scary. Hope they heal well.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

such good news

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross