Keiva And Hattie Are Hurt And At Vet. Prayers Please

So today was a bad day that got worse and I am freaking out right now so apologies for bad grammar, etc.

I get a call from my partner at 1pm. I missed it because I was wading thru people at work. She calls again. No bueno. We only call back to back in emergencies.

She immediately tells me I need to come home kids are hurt. All I can get out is that our one cat got out into the yard from their enclosed home area and the dogs found him. He..is fine. The dogs? Well Jimmy and Moonbeam are, Tista too.

Then she calls right back...please call the vet and tell them I am on the way with Keiva and Hattie. Can't get Keiva to stop bleeding. Ok..meet you there.

Get there finally (ever notice how much traffic sucks in an emergency?). Yep. Keiva is bad. Vet was just looking at her as I walked in. Seem to think an artery was cut and we are bleeding into our arm and chest. I can see my mama girl starting to go into shock. Surgery he says. Go home...we will call you. They give Hattie and Keiva antibiotic injections. And take them back. They will look at Hattie after they get Keiva sorted. First things first.

Jimmy has a 545 appt to check his incision from his neuter as it looks weird. So we may not know until we get there in 2.5 hours.

I am so scared for my kiddos. Please send prayers, white light, anything. I can't loose my mama girl or my baby girl but the mama is worse :(

Thanks all. Im going to go try and do something to pass the time. Feeling so hopeless right now.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

What a horrible day. :( Paws crossed for everyone and hugs to you and your partner.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Update! ( and I still can't figure out how to edit my original post! Oi vey!)

Vet just called. Surgery was NOT NEEDED!!!! once they got the blood to stop, it was all mostly superficial. Only a few sutures needed. Both girls are good and will come home this evening. The pooling was from the wrap my partner used to put pressure on...but no concerns internally. Yay!

But they both will be fine so that is what matters. Some antibiotics to fight off cooties from the cat and rest. PHEW!

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)

Glad I got to the bottom of the page for the update. Wishing them both a full and speedy recovery.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Glad I got to the bottom of the page for the update. Wishing them both a full and speedy recovery.

So sorry! I still have no idea how to edit that to say there is an update.

Speaking of... I can't post a picture but Keiva started bleeding after they had called us. So she now has a bandage all the up past her elbow. She can't bend the leg.we go back tomorrow to unwrap it and see what happens...assuming we don't swell tonight. She is in a lot of pain and just breaks my heart.

Hattie is sore but otherwise no serious wounds.

Jimmy is on antibiotics because he popped his stitches and was starting an infection.

I am so worn out from this and how the rest of my day went, I am ready to curl up under a rock and not come out ever!

Glad the update is good, but sorry you have had so much stress. Very scary!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

She might be having a bleeding disorder - have them check her clotting factors. And watch her carefully tonight. Aminocarproic acid, if your vet has it or can get it, will help. There's a thread here recently about a substitute as Amicar is in short supply.

So glad it wasn't worse! {{{HUGS}}}

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly