Attention

Guest saltwaterron

Guest saltwaterron

we have had our grey for 7 years..she is 10 now..she has never been one to want a lot of attention..suddenly she is wanting her back to be rubbed frequently..she will bump into me til i rub her back and she does her little dance..i do not understand this sudden behavior change..any ideas?

Personalities change as they age. Our ten year old has also recently started wanting more attention. We just lost her older sister in May, and so I was expecting some changes in the dynamics of all the dogs in the house.

The other thing may be she wants some rubbing on a spot that may be beginning to bother her - arthritis or sore muscles. She knows your rubbing makes her feel better so she asks for it more often. Might be time for a vet visit??

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Every one of the dogs I've had through senior years seemed to get more clingy in their older years. I think they crave the warmth/security more. I agree a general checkup at the vet's would be a good idea, but if all is fine she just may be craving more affection and security now.

Guest saltwaterron

thanks for your input..we did have to put our cocker spaniel down in August..he is buried in our backyard and on several occasions she went over and lay down where we buried him..she had never laid down in that area before then..used to go out the back door for potty time..she will not go out the back anymore..she insists on going out the front..don't know if she senses buddy is back there and doesn't want to be out there because of that or if it's just a personality change

I'd have her checked by a vet, but it could just be loss of her friend making her want more people attention.

Maybe a nice massage would help her out, soothes muscles and gives needed touch.