Breeze 9/26/02-10/31/15

Potomacpupsmom

This is the hardest post I have ever written. Our beautiful girl Breeze, went to the Rainbow Bridge last weekend. Breeze was our first greyhound, and she taught us so much! She was patient, elegant and such a gentle soul. We adopted her after my husband retired, and the two of them had many adventures on their walks together. She loved exploring new places and she was always ready to go when the leash came out! She was so beautiful, with her pale brindle coat, and received many admiring glances from people due to her unusual coloring. She introduced us to a whole new world, and new friends, both in person and online. She loved going to playgroup every Saturday morning with her friends, and made friends everywhere she went. When we adopted her younger sister Beka, Breeze was so patient with her and taught her how to do stairs and play-bowed to her every morning before breakfast as they chased each other around the dining room. She loved life and we loved her. We celebrated her 13th birthday at the end of September with liver brownies and she loved them!

Breeze started showing symptoms of spinal arthritis last year, and we kept it at bay with medication. Then in July of this year, she started having vision problems. She would bump into signposts and fire hydrants, and became very wary of the stairs. We took her to her vet, who said she did not have cataracts and referred us to an ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist told us that her eyes were normal so it must be something in her brain. We took her to a neurologist who did an MRI which showed that she had a brain tumor, right on her optic chiasm, which eventually robbed her of her vision completely. We built a ramp for her off of the deck so she would not have to do stairs anymore. But what eventually made things worse for her was her spinal arthritis, and she was experiencing more and more pain. Eventually she was having extreme difficulty walking and getting up from her bed. We had to increase her pain medication and ultimately realized that nothing else was going to help her. Our wonderful vet came to the house to set her free to the Rainbow Bridge on her favorite bed with Mommy, Daddy and her sisters at her side.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of our beautiful girl:

With her toys:

Breezeathome02.jpg

Breezewithpeanutbutterandstuffie008.jpg

At the Jersey Shore:

LBIMemorialDayWeekend2010018.jpg

LBIMemorialDayWeekend2010028.jpg

And with her healing blanket sent to her from Carol and Joy:

Breeze%20with%20blanket%201_zps4yppyb8l.

Run free my beautiful girl! Now you have your vision back and are pain free at the Bridge. We love you and you are forever in our hearts!

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a beautiful girl. I'm sorry for all she went through, we never like when our pups have problems. You did all you could for her, and I'm sure she knew it. I'm very sorry for your loss of beautiful Breeze. :beatheart

o888p2.jpg

Nancy~Mom to Wizard July 9, 2006 and Lexie June 25, 2009

Always in my heart, my goofy boy Sarge 8-25-04....5-17-11

So sorry for your sad loss. You see your beautiful dog even now with those lovely photos.... Breeze would have seen you all just as clearly in her own memories too, and from the Bridge there is nothing which cannot be seen and enjoyed.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

How blessed you all were to have shared each others' lives. I am so sorry now for the Breeze-sized hole in your hearts. :grouphug

So sorry for your sad loss. You see your beautiful dog even now with those lovely photos.... Breeze would have seen you all just as clearly in her own memories too, and from the Bridge there is nothing which cannot be seen and enjoyed.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

This is beautiful

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

What an amazingly beautiful girl. She was so lucky to have you.

Godspeed, sweetie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

She was so incredibly lovely, your pictures brought tears to my eyes. Such a heartbreaking loss of your very special lady. I'm so sorry.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:candle How pretty your are Breeze especially in the beach pictures. We will miss you but we are glad you are all better now. Run with the other :angelwings

:bighug to you MIss Kathy & Mr Jim

Daphne , Penny & Caroline

Edited by sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina