Molly, Our Sweet Girl, 8/20/01 - 11/4/15

WHanson12

Yesterday my husband and I said a very difficult goodbye to our 14 year old red girl, Molly. She adopted us 10 years ago while we were walking through the kennels of Greyhound Friends of North Carolina, looking for a companion to our other grey girl, Thumper, who had just lost her Grey companion in our family. My husband was walking ahead of me through the kennels when a red paw came through the cage door trying to get my husband's attention. When he approached the door, Annie as she was called by the kennel, mashed her face against the door to get petted, which was accommodated by my husband. Annie had just arrived at the kennel earlier that morning after a long car ride from the track in Florida. We asked the kennel staff to let Annie out with us & we fell in love with her immediately, as she seemed very interested in Thumper too. We renamed Annie to Molly. Molly & Thumper were the best of friends throughout their entire lives together. Molly experienced 3 out-of-state moves with my husband & I, as well as outliving 2 other Grey girl companions in our family. Unfortunately Molly was suffering from several chronic, painful diseases (all of which were non-cancerous, thank God) for which there were no cures, even though our vet & home treatments kept her mostly comfortable & functioning well for a couple years, up until recent weeks. She let us know that she was tired of fighting & we set her free at home, calmly & peacefully with a house call vet's assistance. Run free & fast from your disabilities, Molly, & be happy, for we shall see you again at the Rainbow Bridge... Thank you for all the wonderful years you blessed our lives. Our hearts are breaking from your absence, but you will always be with us, Sweet Girl... Wendy & Frank

Sorry for your sad loss.

Condolences and warm wishes that your sadness be much much less than all the happy memories.

Glad to hear of another blessed greyhound who found such a wonderful long life with love all around.

Run free fleet footed, and rest deeply Molly.

I'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss. Our last one chose us in a very similar way, she had been abandoned and was a heart dog from first sight.

:f_pink Run free and in perfect health there at the Bridge Molly. You will always be loved.

I'm so glad Molly picked you to give her a forever home, and thank you for listening to her when she told you she was ready to leave.

It's so hard to say goodbye, but I hope you continue to see her love of life (and of you) in the world around you every day.

Gentle hugs.

I'm so very sorry.

Godspeed Molly.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Godspeed, precious Molly. Hugs to your people.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

...when a red paw came through the cage door trying to get my husband's attention. I love this. What a grand old lady Molly was and she lived a grand life with you. I am so sorry it was time to say goodbye. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So very sorry for the loss of your Molly.

Remember the good times....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg