Iams Green Bag

Green Bag is not grain free. It come in a couple of kibble sizes to make it easier for various sizes of dogs to eat such as Mini Chunks or Large Breed etc, but those are the same food, just with different sized pieces.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

For those who may not know, BJ's is no longer carrying any IAM's varieties, for some reason. That is where I have been buying it in 50 lb bags. I have written to both IAM's and BJ's but I am sure that it won't make a difference.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Was in Concord Pets this morning, getting the guys nails trimmed, and they had a sign up that there are problems with delivery since the Mars takeover of the IAM's brand. It also said that delivery should be improving as of November 1st. They had only one bag left of large breed, so I hope I didn't make a mistake not buying it today.

For those who may not know, BJ's is no longer carrying any IAM's varieties, for some reason. That is where I have been buying it in 50 lb bags. I have written to both IAM's and BJ's but I am sure that it won't make a difference.

BJs has it at my store, Irene!!!

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

BJs has it at my store, Irene!!!

Our store has it as a discontinued item. They had it two weeks ago when I last bought a bag. I wrote to BJ's as well as IAM's so lets see if I get a response. Otherwise, you are going to have to bring me some. :nod

Iams Green bag certainly sorted out Peggy's 'pudding poops', but it made for a lot of gas and people started mentioning it. So I changed to TOTW High Prairie and firmness remained but without the room clearing gas. OK, TOTW is made by Diamond in their factories which make different batches for other brands so it's not exactly free of the 'Dark Side", but it's not so expensive as Acana or Canagan (UK). And then of course it's still processed meat, which in the month where we humans are being told eating it is 'worse than smoking', kind of takes some of the shine off it. We never used to worry about all this stuff when I was growing up in the 50's and 60's and our dogs still made it to 11 or 12, or longer if small breeds.

Ryan - IAMS green bag, large breed, is what I'll be sending (a whole 17.5 lb bag) with Marvin when he comes to stay with you next Sunday. You are more than welcome to try it and see how she does on it. I usually get it at Target, and they almost always have the large breed, in addition to the mini-chunks. Target also runs promotions regularly on it. Last trip, I got 2 17.5 lb bags for a grand total of $6.00, after coupons, cartwheel, sale, etc.

I have never had any luck finding it at Petco or PetSmart, and occasionally, I had to go to a few different Targets to find the large breed (Marvin eats too fast to regularly eat the mini-chunks). There are several grain-free versions of IAMS, but I had trouble finding the same exact kind regularly, so I just mix in some of the other grain-free varieties with his regular green bag. We tried just about every grain-free brand money can buy, and they were just too rich for Marvin's GI system, and the fish as a the sole kibble always ended in not-so-well-formed stools. Even when his stomach gets upset now, usually from eating something unsavory, the IAMS puts him back to normal in usually less than 24 hours.

I've found 40 lb. bags of Iams mini chunks at Walmart sometimes. Not always, but I don't always go there to buy it.

The grocery stores in my area carry Iams. Also Walmart; Target.

Tractor Supply has some varieties.

I don't think Petco or Petsmart carry Iams...or not all the stores do.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Thanks all We got a small bag of green bag that and some Olewo carrots seem to agree with here. We can also get the 40 lbs bags of it at costco so it is readily available to us.

We are excited for some Marvin time. My inlaws are in for a treat a house with three hounds in it may make my mother in law crazy. hehe

Dino and Stella

The biggest difference between grain-free and food with grain is carbohydrate source. With grain-free usually the source is potatoes of some sort whereas grain foods use more often rice or barley. For whatever reason mine have seemed to do best on TOTW. I've tried foods with grain (but still with decent meat content) but Cole gets noxious gas on them, so I stick with grain-free since they all seem to do fine and I can breathe the air then. :lol

Well we thought Green bag was working were when just mixing it in to chicken and rice. But now that we are mixing more of it the poops are not great again. They are not as bed as before. I am thinking of giving it a few days and see if things improvement

Dino and Stella