Super Senior Soft Tissue Sarcoma

winnie

Our Darcy has a large, hard lump towards the end of her rib cage. It's grown fast. Took her to the vet today. Initial diagnosis is soft tissue sarcoma. Waiting of blood test and pathology results. We've already decided that we're going with palliative care. Darcy is 14-3/4 y/o and fiercely independent. It just sucks.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Are you kidding me? Yes, it does suck. Hoping for the best for all of you. :heart

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so sorry. I hope you guys still have many good days ahead. Coltrane died of a soft tissue sarcoma, as well. It does suck!

Rebecca
with Atlas the borzoi, Luna the pyr, and Madison the cat, always missing Sahara(Flyin Tara Lyn) and Coltrane(Blue on By) the greyhounds

:(

Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I"m so sorry for this news

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Vet called today. The good news is that Darcy's bloodwork is normal. All organs functioning as they should. The pathology report will be back later this week.

Darcy is currently on Tramadol and Gabapentin (she was on both before this). So, she doesn't appear to be in any pain.

Well, the pathology report is back. Vet aspirated in a few locations and was told that the quality of the slides was good. Unfortunately, the only thing that they could tell was that there is a lot of necrotic tissue. They can't tell exactly what type of sarcoma it is or if it's benign or malignant. We just know that it's getting an inadequate blood supply and cells are dying off. We can only get a definitive diangosis if they surgically remove it. We're not going to put Darcy through surgery at her age (14 3/4) and the vet agrees. We'll try a round of antibiotics to try to prevent infection and will continue to keep her as comfortable as possible.

• 1 month later...

Calling vet this morning to have Darcy PTS. She is stoic, fiercly independent and hates needing assistance. The sarcoma has gotten huge and it's hard sometimes for her to rest comfortably. We don't want it to rupture and then face an emergency situation. We want Darcy to leave us on a good day so as to preserve her dignity. It still doesn't make it any easier. She is 14 years 10 months.

:grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Laura I am very sorry.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry it is time for Darcy to leave. You will be in my thoughts today as you give her the last gift you can give her, a dignified & peaceful journey.

Jennifer, mom to Galen (GableTeletubbie) and Trixie fka Mooch (MostAggressive)
Always missing Connie (Connies Fullofit) and Chase (No Worries aka "Ace") & IG Angels Velvet and Bitsy

Darcy, I am sorry that it is your time to leave but The Brisge has a wonderful group of independent old ladies who keep the place in line. Hugs to your family.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota