I Can't Figure Out My 14 Yr. Old Eating.

Guest greytmomof4

Guest greytmomof4

My 45 lb. Hattie can't get enough to eat. She has always been a picky eater. She has recently been diagnosed with kidney disease. Took her to the vet for constant thirst, Drinking all the time and urinating often. Few accidents in her sleep at night.

In the past month she just wants to eat all the time. We would allow her more food several times a day. Plus many treats a long with her food. Frozen yogurt for an evening snack. She is under weight and keeps losing. We changed he food after the vet told us she had kidney disease. She's on science diet for seniors and loves it. Tiny kibble with water and no can food. She's eating 3-4 cups a day. Fairly active yet and still wants to go for walks. She doesn't appear to be in any pain at all. This is a gal that would NOT eat any people food at all. Tonight she showed interest in our food, so I offered her cooked carrots and tiny pieces of soft potato. DH said, she won't eat it and sure enough she did.

At 2 yrs. of age when we got her she was a thin 54 lb. in the last 9 months she has dropped 4 lbs.

Any ideas of what could possibly be going on with her?

Thank you for any feed back!

Lori

Guest greytmomof4

I thought also it could be Cushings. I need to call her anyway so I'll see about having her run tests for Cushings.

Thank you so much for the input.

Lori